Do W210 E55 brakes fit a W202?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

popuptoaster

Car
2000 E55 AMG Estate
Got my new to me '98 W202 C240 home and I'm ready to start interfering with her, I have seen plenty of posts saying the C43 and E55 front brakes are the same and are interchangeable, but also seen that facelift and pre face lift W210 E55 brakes are different AND of course mine isn't a C43, it's a C240.
My E55 donor is a facelift estate so i am fairly sure the rears won't fit but I'm hoping the fronts will, as I have them already and after having to do an emergency stop this afternoon they are definitely better than stock C240 brakes!

I will be fitting the E55 staggered monoblocks as well once they are refurbed and painted so wheel clearance should be OK.

Calipers are two piston.
Front discs are 334mm.
You also have to use dust shields.

Rears are 300mm.

Shouldn't be any problems to upgrade
You should also replace master brake cylinder for the heavy duty one

I have seen a few YouTube videos using the w211 AMG brakes on non AMG w211 cars. Seemed that the mounting holes on the front were the correct spacing just too small in diameter. Not seen any trying the same trick on a w202. Best thing will be to offer them up and see what you are faced with.

I have seen a few YouTube videos using the w211 AMG brakes on non AMG w211 cars. Seemed that the mounting holes on the front were the correct spacing just too small in diameter. Not seen any trying the same trick on a w202. Best thing will be to offer them up and see what you are faced with.
It's a W210 so not as fancy as the W211.

Remember to put decent tyres on the refurbed wheels.
No point having super high power brakes and then having something like used Accelera or Linglong tyres on the car.

Hi
I believe its the early pre-facelift W210 E55 Front brakes that are the same as the C43 W202, also for info the CLK 55 they are good brakes, but do suffer from brake fade, on a track day you would cook the front brakes quite easily.
Back in the day the brake upgrade for the C43 was to fit 203 C32 brakes and calipers, though IIRC it wasn't a straight swap.
The W210 E55 brakes would be a good upgrade on C240, and shouldn't suffer from the brake fade issue due to the 240 being lighter on the front end.

Hi
I believe its the early pre-facelift W210 E55 Front brakes that are the same as the C43 W202, also for info the CLK 55 they are good brakes, but do suffer from brake fade, on a track day you would cook the front brakes quite easily.
Back in the day the brake upgrade for the C43 was to fit 203 C32 brakes and calipers, though IIRC it wasn't a straight swap.
The W210 E55 brakes would be a good upgrade on C240, and shouldn't suffer from the brake fade issue due to the 240 being lighter on the front end.
Not really planning on track days, it'll be a road car but I can always upgrade again in the future if need be, the car will be getting more power and a manual gearbox eventually.

Remember to put decent tyres on the refurbed wheels.
No point having super high power brakes and then having something like used Accelera or Linglong tyres on the car.
I don't use cheap tyres on any of my cars, not with the way I drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom