Do you believe in time travel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Frankly I don't thuink you'll find anybody on the planet who would want to argue with Randall Carlson once he has his teeth into something.

Concentrate real hard and get your calculator out - just make sure you are sitting down. :):)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

How do you know that?

Every SciFi regarding Time Travel always wars the Traveller that they are not allowed to influence or interfere with humans or events while in the past, hence if they obeyed the rules you wouldn't know they had been here! :rolleyes::dk::crazy:
Yeh, but...that's sci fi. If it was real...would the same rules apply? They'd let something slip.

Yeh, but...that's sci fi. If it was real...would the same rules apply? They'd let something slip.

Ok I agree that's SciFi, but the human brain is a very powerful tool, someone must have thought up the scenario that Time travel exists for Book Authors and Film Producers/Directors to follow the idea in the first place!:dk:

You are also assuming (and no offence meant) that the Travellers would be known or had arrived to affect something in your Life/Area, if they were there to visit someone else, you wouldn't know anything about it.:confused:

Ok I agree that's SciFi, but the human brain is a very powerful tool, someone must have thought up the scenario that Time travel exists for Book Authors and Film Producers/Directors to follow the idea in the first place!:dk:

You are also assuming (and no offence meant) that the Travellers would be known or had arrived to affect something in your Life/Area, if they were there to visit someone else, you wouldn't know anything about it.:confused:
My uncle invented the TARDIS...even he didn't believe it could happen...but he loved a good yarn...and was the first writer for Dr Who.

It cannot happen. At least not backwards. And in a very limited fashion forwards. That's why Einstein's theory is just that...a theory.

If you could travel faster than time then yes you could get ahead of your own image...but that would be just an image...not a physical thing.

Just like many of the stars we see are light years away...and may no longer exist.

Sounds like your Uncle understands imagination is more important than knowledge.

If you want to know about time travel research spooky action. If ever you experienced it you'd confuse it with time travel I'm sure. Or and Einstein - never been proven wrong yet.

Now go and get your calculators out – go on, I dare you.....

My uncle invented the TARDIS...even he didn't believe it could happen...but he loved a good yarn...and was the first writer for Dr Who.

It cannot happen. At least not backwards. And in a very limited fashion forwards. That's why Einstein's theory is just that...a theory.

If you could travel faster than time then yes you could get ahead of your own image...but that would be just an image...not a physical thing.

Just like many of the stars we see are light years away...and may no longer exist.

The theory of Flight was just that, a theory! :rolleyes:

Now we have Ryan Air! :wallbash::wallbash:

The theory of Flight was just that, a theory! :rolleyes:

Now we have Ryan Air! :wallbash::wallbash:
I went to school with Michael O'Leary...though he was couple of years behind me in my brother's year. He was ok then.

The catastrophy theory to explain the rise and fall of entire civilisations is appealing in its simplicity but not one I would necessarily adhere to. There is of course abundant evidence of the earth being struck by celestial objects or effected by large scale natural events, the dinosaur K/T extinction event K/T extinction event - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, the Krakatoa eruption Krakatoa - Wikipedia etc but when you start dealing with homosapiens things take on a different set of rules.
I would suggest that civilisations rise and fall according to the resistance to challenge of their socio-political-military model from external and internal self generated forces of disruption. Putting it another way certain societal models evolve to be successful till they aren't. The "sewing of the seeds of your own destruction" model if you like. Sometimes its a combination of natural and self generated causality. It's often argued for example that the French revolution was triggered by Ergot contaminated bread due to climatic changes over a number of wet summers in Europe but that would be to ignore the societal inequality in France at the time. In other words their societal model was not robust enough to withstand the natural challenge. et Voila --- "Vive la Republique" as opposed to "Vive le Roi" .

I went to school with Michael O'Leary...though he was couple of years behind me in my brother's year. He was ok then.

If only we had a time machine to go back and dangle him off a high bridge. Might have made him phobic of heights and flying and spared us all the misery that is a Ryanair flight (which I hasten to add I have never used privately, only when work insisted/paid).

If only we had a time machine to go back and dangle him off a high bridge. Might have made him phobic of heights and flying and spared us all the misery that is a Ryanair flight (which I hasten to add I have never used privately, only when work insisted/paid).
He did a service for the masses. Bums on seats is the story.

Ryanair do appear to be capable of time travel. Passengers waiting for hours in departure lounges only to find their flights have been cancelled without explanation have been heard to mutter " WHY DO I GET THE FEELING I'VE BEEN HERE BEFORE? "
Or as the great John Fogerty put it "Its like Deja Vu all over Again"
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
At least you know there won't be any terrorist threat with Ryanair. Terrorists want to blow themselves up and go to paradise, not 75 miles away from paradise.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom