Do you even lift?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yugguy

MB Enthusiast
Car
W204 C220CDI Elegance with Comand
So, anyone on here do any weight training, power-lifting, body-building, strongman, olympic?

I'm an old garage rat myself, I have a set up in my garage I've constructed down the years, I do power-lifting and compound strength work. I work in IT and stare at a computer all day and I like the pure, simple physicality of lifting.

My garage so my music and no waiting for the grunters and posers.

My IFA is an award-winning power lifter and martial arts expert. I've never seen so many trophies. Very modest and understated man though.

I tend to agree with his advice... :D

JohnEBoy said:
My IFA is an award-winning power lifter and martial arts expert. I've never seen so many trophies. Very modest and understated man though. I tend to agree with his advice... :D

What was it then? :)

I do, not to a competition or a 'serious' standard lol

Done my first Methdrol cycle mid November, worked wonders put on all the right weight and then work ****ed me over sending me to work away, where there wasn't a gym!

Currently in a panic cutting cycle now, muscles gains still there only there's body fat on top. Not in good time before summer! Better luck next time I guess

I've weight-trained off and on since quitting football seven year ago, I set high targets that take me about four/five month to achieve then my interest wanes.

At my peak I pressed 170 (three reps) but I ended up with none of my clothes fitting me because my arms got that big so I tend to stay round the 100 mark.

Great buzz though, I train in my pals garage gym, in fact now you mention it I'm about due another stretch!

I joined a gym, but I couldn't get the door open.

I do a bit of strongman stuff, mainly because I'm not pretty enough to do bodybuilding lol.

Can bench 200kg, squat 250kg and dead 250kg. I'm way stronger pressing than pulling, my deadlift being weak for my weight of 21st.

01638c783eb7293fa4e27aea89c306ca.jpg

I do a bit of strongman stuff, mainly because I'm not pretty enough to do bodybuilding lol.

Can bench 200kg, squat 250kg and dead 250kg. I'm way stronger pressing than pulling, my deadlift being weak for my weight of 21st.

Very impressive, but I would check the tread on the right tyre. Tracking is out.

Impressive numbers.

I'm with you but way worse, 150kg bench (1 rep) while my deadlift never really passed 160 (3 reps) with my squat stuck around 120 (5 reps), no belts or wraps. This was before I slipped a disk (not weight lifting) so no more heavy squats or deadlifts for me. These days I just focus on lighter weights with more reps so bodybuilding if you will. Really need to sort my diet though...

Last edited:

. Just off to shift a couple of logs, with a big squat in the wc. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom