Do you ever get really fed up with cars ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LTD

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Polo GTi (and a travel pass for the train and subway)
Not me but .....

Sometimes I sit on the motorway, in traffic, at crawling pace and look around.

I love being in my MB designed cabin. Comfortable, well-ventilated and with a good audio system. It's a nice place to be in a stressful environment.

I see others in cars I would not wish to own. Bangers, clapped out vans and budget end rubbish. Harsh I know, but I've driven the Corsas and 206s in this world before ... :dk:

I'd rather spend a few thousand pounds on a nice W124 than some of the junk I see. At least then you will travel in style, comfort and grace.

What sayeth you ?

Not me but .....

Sometimes I sit on the motorway, in traffic, at crawling pace and look around.

I love being in my MB designed cabin. Comfortable, well-ventilated and with a good audio system. It's a nice place to be in a stressful environment.

I see others in cars I would not wish to own. Bangers, clapped out vans and budget end rubbish. Harsh I know, but I've driven the Corsas and 206s in this world before ... :dk:

I'd rather spend a few thousand pounds on a nice W124 than some of the junk I see. At least then you will travel in style, comfort and grace.

What sayeth you ?

I completely agree, I have an Audi A3 (track set up) but even that feels cheap and harsh, and the wifes mondeo feels truly awful to drive, on the motorway it feels ok but ion the B roads I will take my CLS every day of the week

Cars are ok , it's humans that I get fed up with.

I think we should consider ourselves lucky to be in Mercs.

I think we should consider ourselves lucky to be in Mercs.

... unless they are transporting us to the Yadgar.

Only then are we truly lucky to be human :D

No never fed up of cars.

Had a lift in a newish Nissan Micra on Tuesday for about 5 miles most of it wondering where the rest of the seat was. Price of a newish Micra 8K?

Went to Barnsely and back today in my 124 Estate towing a trailer. 160 miles the round trip and I would rather do that than 5 more miles in a Micra any day. Price of the 124 Estate, well lets just say the purchase price of that Micra would have bought 16 of my 124s.

Dont believe me?

Mercedes E250D W124 1994 Light Blue | eBay

^ Thats not mine by the way. But would be a good buy for someone.

I did. In 1989 I moved to commuting exclusively by motorbike year round and kept that up for twelve years. It was brilliant being able to virtually guarantee being able to get to, for example, West or North West London in an hour, at any time of the day from mine.

However, injury (non bike related) made me re-evaluate and I now cherish the comfort of having the temperature set just so and the option to choose what I listen to.

Never.

Buying a 23 year old Carina E GTI was great fun.

But it does remind me that cars have "improved" a lot since then.

I get really fed up with traffic, then I think about public transport.

Then I REALLY appreciate cars!

Twas a little place called Stairfoot. I was picking up some wood to make retaining walls for the back garden.

There was allotments near by where the "pick up point" was and I got talking to a guy who was putting in his early giant garlicks. Garlicks in Yoksheer, I think he was pulling my leg but a grand chap all the same.

Only when my Mot, Tax an Insurance is due in the same month.

Bangers, clapped out vans and budget end rubbish.

I've got a clapped out Sprinter which is bit of a banger, why should I replace it, had it since new and it cost's so little to run/year I just don't see the point.

Also have a budget end 2003 Focus which I've had since new, i can park it anywhere without any worrys of damage, not many cars on the road pull away from it on the twisty bit's, just can't bring myself to sell it as it costs so little/year to run.

I know what your saying, but I can see why folk run around in junk, society's couldn't care less about others property has for me stopped my wanting anything new..

I drive an old Subaru Outback, mostly for work and popping around town in. As G.P. says above, I can leave it anywhere and not worry about scratches and dents on it as it has acquired loads of them over the years.

I also have a Mercedes, though this gets little use, especially with the weather like it is at the moment (It was -2 here this morning).

Back to the original question: -

Fed up with cars? NO.
Fed up with traffic would be a very big yes though.

There's not a lot of pleasure left in driving for me nowadays due to the fact that everytime I go somewhere I seem to be stuck in stop-start jams with everyone being in a hurry.

May just have to go for a blast as soon as the warmer stuff arrives, probably very early on a Sunday and somewhere obscure. :)

Well that all depends .....
car-humor-funny-joke-road-street-drive-driver-crash-garage-woman-wife-man-husband-wreck-W630.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom