Do you ever use S ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RhysC63?

Car
E350 2015 9g AMG Prem Plus, previously C63
On my way to do the Christmas shopping this morning, it occurred to me that "S" mode is probably feeling a little neglected on my car, if I want "normal" driving (60-70% of the time) I'll use "C" and if I want to make some noise and have a silly grin on my face, I'll always turn the dial to S+ - I can't really think of a reason where I would want "S".

Any AMG owners out there use S mode? If so, under what circumstances do you use it?
:dk:

I don't know if the AMG gearbox is different to other Mercedes but -
S = Standard
C = Comfort (starts off in 2nd gear)
My car is 99% in S unless we have icy/slippy conditions

SLK 55 AMG - C controlled efficiency and S sport (C even gives you start/stop)
CLS 350CDi - C comfort and S sport, due to the amount of torque available S is **** your pants mode!!!!!

RR

Ah ok, I thought the settings were the same or similar on all AMGs, for clarity, I'm referring to the modes on the C63: (according to the manual)

C - Comfort (default mode)
S - Sport "Sporty driving style"
S+ - Sport Plus "Extremely sporty driving style"

I'm asking the question, because I can't imagine myself thinking "I want to go fast, but just a little bit so S will do"

I'm asking the question, because I can't imagine myself thinking "I want to go fast, but just a little bit so S will do"

Same here... :confused:

perhaps, it's so you can go fast but with economy in mind...

S - for when you really want to be in S+, but the wife and kids are in the car?

I pretty much always have it in M.

Hey Rhys :)

I find it interesting that you haven't mentioned "M" mode :dk:

I use "C" mode until the drive train has warmed up and then I switch straight to "M"!

I have never used "S" mode.

:thumb:

"C" on the road. "M" on the track. Never really found a use for "S"?

Cheers,

Gaz

Very sad this but I found the exhaust sounded better in S than S+. S+ shuts so quick it just gives a flat change in note. Can't beat downshift in S+ though:)

M ? I suppose I'm one of those men that doesn't mind admitting that the box probably does a better job than me ;)

But I will have a little play with M once I've put a few more miles on the car.

Very sad this but I found the exhaust sounded better in S than S+. S+ shuts so quick it just gives a flat change in note. Can't beat downshift in S+ though:)

You need to hang your keys up and have some xmas pudding.:)

I bought the car because of the downshift in S+. Once I'd heard that I just knew I wouldn't be able to live without hearing it every day :D

I use W in my C32 AMG and C in my ML63 AMG. Neither really need to pull away in first gear, and if you depress the loud pedal by 75% or more from rest then you start off in first any way. Seems ideal.

My E55 only has M, C & S

M mode - rarely use it I just don't find it responsive enough
C mode - I use this for 90%+ of the time
S mode - I have had this remapped so it is even crisper and more responsive serious fun but I save it for track use

I do use the steering wheel paddles to change if I am overtaking or feeling a little naughty.

My C36 had an economy or sport switch.

Lol.

S+ or M. Never use C or S

S+ M ??!!

This is a family-friendly forum. And it's Christmas.

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom