Do you get wrongly judged on the road for owning an amg

Discussion in 'AMG Lounge' started by Felstmiester, Jul 23, 2014.

1. dhard

dhard Banned

impressive surely a man of your ability could a report in C200cdi ..

2. C36fan

C36fan MB Enthusiast

Car:
    ‘15 C63, ‘15 CLS63, ‘01 E55, 01 ML55 ‘16 Vito 119CDI
    I never have time to look at the others to busy with the throttle pedal !!!!:D And to be honest I don't really care!!!:)

3. geraldrobins

geraldrobins MB Enthusiast

Car:
    VW Golf, past c200cdi
    I drive around 18,000 miles a year and in my experience high performance cars are driven as well as others. Generally they are admired by other road users. On the motorways the majority of cars drive a little in excess of 70 but it seems the fastest are still the white van brigade. There are some discourteous drivers, as the tongue in cheek posts here, but from various types of cars. But this is just my experience.

4. ChrisA

ChrisA MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S63L 2010 - CLS Weistec MSL Monster (RIP) Range Rover Vogue V8 (grafter) Yamaha Raptor 660 (sold :()
    I managed to get a Helicopter from Offshore to Esbjerg (DK) earlier where I found an Hertz Hire Car and believe it or not....they had a MB C220Cdi on a special deal of "Try for 1 hr" free :bannana:

Here is my review:

For drivers who pound the motorways or prefer to take it easy, this would be a fine choice. The almost uniform quality displayed throughout the vehicle shows that Mercedes has lost none of its ability to blend refinement with an engaging driving experience, albeit in a 2.2l Diesel car

The 136bhp was astonishingly quick with a take off from the lights incredible. (I do love the launch control facility) The VW Polo didn't know what hit her when I pulled alongside, window down and shades on chewing on my Wrigley's Fresh Mint......lights changed green and.......BOOM!!! Left her in my rear view mirror :rolleyes:

The car's steering might be a little too light for keen drivers, it seemed to weave the car from left to right....:eek:
    It never really bothered me as I was too busy watching the DVD facility whilst cruising the Esbjerg highway

One thing I did notice was many of the local drivers beeping their horns, I automatically knew they were impressed with both car and driver, they were even waving their hands at me in acknowledgement, Nice people :D

Hope this helps you choose your next vehicle Dan, may be a little too powerful for you but once you pass your 11+ you may suss out what each button does and learn to enjoy that 71mph experience :rolleyes:

5. C36fan

C36fan MB Enthusiast

Car:
    lool!!!

6. RWDpetrol

RWDpetrol Active Member

Car:
    N/A
    Apparently a 320d is the fastest driven BMW and I wouldn't be surprised if it's the C220 CDI for Merc. And I'm sure rental firms have to take some of the blame for it.

7. C36fan

C36fan MB Enthusiast

Car:
    you only saying that because you know Dhard isn't available at the moment !!!! He had to go to currys to buy a new keyboard !!!:D

8. johns E350

johns E350 Active Member

Car:
    E class 350 coupe
    I would definitely agree with that statement

9. John

John Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    I wish.
    I've been flashed for overtaking on single and dual carriageways over the years in a variety of different cars.

I've no idea why but I usually wave.

I think the most surprising reaction is some people looked shocked I let them out - and use indicators.

I do get the urge to drive unnecessarily fast and loud while overtaking the Leafius brigade.

As for the fat haters with tattoos, they'll get over it.

10. Twincharge

Twincharge Member

Car:
    C63 Saloon
    Driving it with light throttle so as to not attract attention with noise.

1 person likes this.
  11. acej

acej MB Enthusiast

Car:
    ML350, AMG GT S

12. mikey_87

mikey_87 Active Member

Car:
    2003 e55 amg
    I often get funny looks for being a younger guy driving a black 55k with black windows. had a few people talking to me about the car etc at petrol stations also had a guy and his wife pointing at it on the motor way from there e280

13. bestinuk

bestinuk New Member

Car:
    SL63
    I have only had positive reactions to mine even though it can be quiet loud in built up areas,
    ive had a few thumbs up and groups of people hanging out of the car windows shouting do it again when they rarely catch me at the lights,and a cocky E350 spaniard who thought he would have a go who i left for dust but he was pushing it right up my rear poor fella never knew what hit him.

14. Captain Smerc

Captain Smerc Active Member

Car:
    C63
    The beer garden lads & lasses at my local seem happy :bannana: when i pop crackle and bang my way past the BBQ !

15. Mrhanky

Mrhanky MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Superb 3.6 4x4 & W221 S500
    I think I was judged this morning making my way in brum with failed airmatic pump.

It looked proper low rider style :)

16. Fredc63

Fredc63 New Member

Car:
    C63
    I'd say much more positive than negative. Lot of nods from people in traffic queues when they see the 6.3 badge on the wing. One guy put his window down and asked if they really were 6.3 litres.

17. sp218

sp218 Member

Car:
    C63
    I have to say in central London, my car gets barely noticed most of the time. One evening someone in a supped up Ibiza egged me on by tailgating me on a 30 mph zone. Really felt like selecting S+ and putting my foot down but resisted. He soon lost interest...

18. Giantvanman

Giantvanman MB Enthusiast

Car:
    FFRR 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography
    To make it clear from the outset, this is tongue in cheek. A joke, a jest, a jape with no agenda. But it's been several pages and I've been dying to say:-

Who says AMG owners are being mis-judged? Maybe they are being judged correctly (accurately).:devil::D:ban:

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Drift Fail! - YouTube 49 seconds onwards

and the first to retort (in a scathing way) with comments involving pipes, slippers, vans, rocking chairs, afternoon naps, boring, old, is…...

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  19. RWDpetrol

RWDpetrol Active Member

Car:
    N/A
    Did you tell him it isn't?

20. OP
    OP
    Felstmiester

Felstmiester MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Range rover sport
    I agree!! I get lots of positivity from the amg to. I one pulled up across the road opposite a pub on a lovely sunny day when everyone was sitting out the front.While the mrs went in the shop I sat with the engine running and caught a couple of people glancing over. Not sure if I was pissing everyone off from having there chilled afternoon beer I was considering killing the engine as an old fella who was sitting with his wife got up from his bench, crossed the road, came round to my window and said " she sounds beautiful boy ( I'm 42 lol ) I've always wanted to hear one of these up close, you wouldn't mind giving it a rev would you " of cause I did. As well as putting a big grin on his face I got a few thumbs up from a couple of other people enjoying there afternoon drinks. Now that's what I love about owning these kind of cars.