Do you get wrongly judged on the road for owning an amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Felstmiester

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range rover sport
I've been reading through the pros and cons of owning an amg post and it made me think.

Does anyone else feel that they're wrongly judged sometimes by other road users when driving there amg?
Although I don't get chance to drive the c63 on a daily basis as I'm in my van most of the time to and from work. But when I'm in the car I notice a small percentage of people get twitchy with there headlight flashing when being over taken. I'm not talking about a fly by at warp speed, just a run of the mill legal overtaking. I could do the same in the wife's car or my van and it would cause no issue whatsoever.

Maybe it's the noise that gets there back up? Anyone else have any trouble?

Maybe its more the MB badge. I doubt the majority of people would know what an AMG was unless a merc or car enthusiasts. Just consider your driving style because possibly you pull in a little too soon after overtaking without realising it.

Someone flashed me and waved me to slow down once.
I was overtaking at about 45mph in a 60mph limit!

I generally get one of those Paddington Bear stares from my wife when I overtake anyone in my C63.

Apart from that, I have experienced the flashing of headlights and even the stamping on the brakes as I kick down to overtake, quite dangerous behaviour sometimes. I'm not sure if it's the noise, or they aren't keeping an eye on their rear view mirror?

Just an opinion but if theyre braking is it because they feel tailgated.

I think people see the 6.3 badge and think "is there any need" ha ha.
Love the looks i get from the Prius and Nissan leaf brigade.....as they shake there head in disgust and see me as the devil in disguise!!!!

When i see one coming i turn down the radio and open the window:rock:
Only to find its being driven by miss daisy:wallbash: It should be law not to let the revs drop below 5k so all of us AMG hopefuls can have a listen:thumb:

Tony.

I don't think it's anything to do with driving an AMG car.

My experience is that the vast majority of drivers don't feel comfortable either overtaking or being overtaken on anything but a dual carriageway.

I doubt the vast majority have a clue or care what an AMG is.

Do I get wrongly judged - not a Scooby - I've no idea what other people are thinking :dk:.

Well I'm relieved I'm not the only one getting flashed or hated lol.

Never had anyone flash me... had a few thumbs up from some drivers :thumb:

Never had anyone flash me... had a few thumbs up from some drivers :thumb:

I had a guy in a Beemer do an impression of the guy in the Snoop Dog insurance ad, nodding his head and pointing at the car, after he'd tooted his horn, next to me at road island.

Such fun :D.

I rarely get a reaction (usually smiles) in and around London but outside it's a different thing. Went to Bradford yesterday for a client meeting and suited/booted at petrol stations (yes, more than once), motorway services and on the motorway I was stared at uncomfortably. Even had a guy hit the brakes at 70mph in front of me. Others behind me started to 'undertake' him, I remained calm and showed the finger when eventually passing.

Re flashes when overtaking, I think the noise upsets others.

I never noticed that kind of reaction, but I don't often overtake on single carriageways unless the car in front is exceptionally slow moving.

I don't think you get judged on the road but you do on this forum

I don't think it's anything to do with driving an AMG car.

My experience is that the vast majority of drivers don't feel comfortable either overtaking or being overtaken on anything but a dual carriageway.

Couldn't agree more.

No fingers or flashes, but I do notice more people looking because it's a AMG.

People seem to love the car or give me a wide berth. I have some guy in an Focus ST put his arm out of the window with a thumbs up the other day.

Wasnt sure whether to be pleased or not as I always thought Focus ST's to be chav wagons.

Maybe Im just getting a bit old now.

My Mrs doesn't drive the C32 anymore simply due to the way some people made her feel pressured to drive faster than she wanted too (tailgating and overtaking etc). She's not a fast driver and driving an AMG doesn't automatically mean the owner drives fast!

Because the newer AMG's are more brash in looks, they tend to stand out more; in the C43's and C36 I was never bothered once, yet in the CL and the E there seemed to be a lot more people notice them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom