Do you ignore your parking sensors?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm not a big fan of the MB ones and prefer the ones that beep with varying intensity as you become closer. MB ones beep about a foot away which is bit late unless you're driving very slowly.

I have just received a new W205 Estate. I agree about the sensors only giving a beep when a 12 inches away from an obstacle. All my previous cars have starting bleeping quite a distance from the obstacle and increase in frequency as you get closer and closer. I prefer this as I can look around me and be confident that I am not about to hit something instead of having to continuously watch a bar graph on the display. Also you don't get any surprises if you are approaching something you can't see. A bleeping some distance is a better warning than a single bleep when you are about to hit something. A foot is too close to react and hit the brakes. Hate it!

I also miss the stereo volume reducing when you put the car in reverse.

I also miss the stereo volume reducing when you put the car in reverse.

My other cars have muted the radio or media player when the warning sounds from the sensors are active. The bleep is so short and brief in my C200 that I don't know if it mutes the radio or not.

tb1 said:
My other cars have muted the radio or media player when the warning sounds from the sensors are active. The bleep is so short and brief in my C200 that I don't know if it mutes the radio or not.

Tell me about it!

I actually bought a little gadget from a German manufacturer, to auto-mute on reverse, but yet to fit it ... perhaps once I have decided on a new head unit :D

I thought the w205 had a reverse camera ? .. I was driving a vehicle the other day with reverse sensors then later that day I got in to a identical vehicle with out reverse sensors ...let's just say it was close :doh:

Mine need fixing

I could never praise enough the 360° camera. Of course, commons sense and caution are still useful when parking any car, but the 360° makes things much easier.

I find the MB system much less sensitive to other marques (i.e. you need to get very close before it sounds).

The plus is that it's very useful for getting into and out of tight spaces (parallel parking)

Anyone with lady sensors needs to have their licence taken off them. I'm a hardline when it comes to this. Much like the person you meet down a country road who is totally unable to reverse into a parking place a few metres behind them.

B&Q car park has metal tubing around the lamposts but at about 1 metre from ground level so don't set off parking sensors.

I know this because of the dent in the back of an old 3 series estate that I once owned.

1m high from ground level and it doesn't set of the sensors?!?!?!?!

I ignore mine, and just use the reversing camera :)

1m high from ground level and it doesn't set of the sensors?!?!?!?!

Why is this so hard?

A pipe loops around the post about a metre from the ground. How the **** is a bumper mounted sensor going to detect this?

If you really can't imagine something so fantastic as this why not pop along to a car park and see for yourself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom