Do you like an engine to look good and a clean engine bay?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SmartAmg

MB Club Veteran
Car
2011 E class coupe 350 cdi
Gave me car a quick detail this morning and clean the engine bay, anyone else like a nice clean engine bay, and is a good looking engine a bonus?
Here's mine.
20200614_113728.jpg
And here's some brilliant Merc engines/bays, obviously not comparing mine to these, but just a nice clean engine bay is great. :) đź‘Ť
20200614_111605.jpg
20200614_111655.jpg
20200614_112535.jpg
20200614_112648.jpg

I like to look but haven't got what it takes to keep mine in such good order,i dont neglect it and whip round with some products regularly.

I think a clean engine bay is the sign of an owner who really cares for his car.
You can polish the outside until it gleams, but if I'm buying and the engine bay looks like a compost heap I'm not interested.

Nice work Tony, its looking good.:thumb:

Buy it new...and sell it before it needs cleaning. ;)

Easy on new cars to keep them looking clean they are very nice .And also the mot guy will see this,, and know that you look after the car ..My engine is no so nice looking as the above pictures but at 31 years old looks nice and clean.DSC05521.JPGnDSC05518.JPG

I do like a nice clean engine bay, during lock down is the first chance I ahve had to do mine, its been bugging me for a long time. Now its clean but not quite as good as the above pics.
More work to do me thinks..

I take my hat off to your tidiness and cleanliness. I’m afraid I just don’t have the patience to go thru that but you’ve done a stupendous job to make it that clean.

clean engine bay, doorshuts etc are always the last thing on most peoples list, I've never understood why, ESP when its only takes 10mins to do on a regular basis.WP_20200327_13_56_04_Pro.jpgWP_20200327_13_55_27_Pro.jpgWP_20200327_13_57_24_Pro.jpgWP_20200327_13_57_33_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Goodness gracious me. Lovely colour that.

Only the cleanliness of the engines internals matter.
And you don't get that by buying your engine oil on the basis of cheapest.

Only the cleanliness of the engines internals matter.
And you don't get that by buying your engine oil on the basis of cheapest.
Mmm, good quality oil is important, but for me anyway, a clean engine bay is also important. :) đź‘Ť

Mmm, good quality oil is important, but for me anyway, a clean engine bay is also important. :) đź‘Ť

Nope - only a preference.
Engines run fine whether clean or dirty on the outside. They really don't care.

Given the choice of identical cars but one having a spotless engine bay, which would you choose?
Sure the engine will still run perfectly with filth on the outside of it, but to me it shows the sign of an owner who doesn't care for his car and possibly ignores other issues.

I did say it was important to me, didn't say it was compulsory. Also cars also run fine whether they are clean or dirty, but a nice clean car is great, to me anyway. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom