Do you Name your car? if so what & why

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

Following from another post about a member who refers to his car as 'The Shed' I tought this would be a little light hearted thread.

Do you name you car(s) and if so where does the name come from or why is it given that name.

If it can be done in this format it helps other people reading the (hopefully) long list of replys....

Car = E320 Cdi Estate
Car Name = 'The Bus'
Why = Its used to ferry my family around, tow the caravan, carry bikes and luggage all over UK and europe.

Thanks

:)

Car = w124 E300 diesel Estate
Car Name = 'The wagon'
Why = Its used as my daily driver for work, shifting parts about, and general abuse.

Car = w124 300E 12v saloon
Car Name = 'The shed'
Why = It used to be my daily driver till "the wagon" took over, now used as a shed!

Car = w124 3.6 24v carat dutchatelet saloon
Car Name = 'Benz'
Why = It sounds good and it suits the cars style.

Car = w208 230clk coupe
Car Name = "Kompressor"
Why = Because it is.

The others dont have names :D

Current car is the Merc In Black (MIB).

The previous Tealite S211 was the Ace Merc.

Both named by my sons.

Volvo has no name, but deserves one. I'd ask the daughter, but know better!

Can't repeat the c class name on a public forum...

My other half always says "thank you nice car" and pats the dash every time she parks up. I asked her if it was a "boy" car or a "girl" car to which she said "I don't know yet". I asked if it was "gay" and she hit me.

Never named my cars - not even the renault 5 I bought in 1986...

The C63AMG was called the trollmobile

Why: Some poster thought I was being a troll when asking for some opinions prior to buying it.

The Abarth500C: Name: Rollerskate

Why? : it is about the size of a rollerskate. Plus there are a few Abarthisitas who think Abarth 500's are the car to have above all other cars. So calling it a rollerskate gets up there nostrils big time, which makes me laugh.

It's a fiat with the fiat badges removed and some extras you can't get from the fiat brochure. It is not an Abarth of old.

It is surprisingly good though.

SWMBO has named my cars. The Red One, The Blue One and The Black One.

My "collars" for them are. The Estate, The 24v and The 12v because they are and in the same order as SWMBO's above.

Mine is called R2 as all my Mercedes have been because my private plate starts with "R2"

My W124 300-24 saloon is called G Sh@g because of the registration number.

The W124 300-24 Coupe is called the Evil Twin.

My Mrs car W124 E280 is called The Bambi Killer cause it killed a dear on a spirited drive one day. Being a 124 it suffered little damage :D

My Ponton was dubbed "Mr. Benz" not long after I bought it back in 1982 - it is now so long ago I can't remember if there was any particular reason .

All my other cars , with one exception , seem to just become 'the red car' , 'the green car' etc . The exception was a Triumph Herald I bought , complete with a piece of paper stuck to the dash with 'Harold' written on it - so 'Harold the Herald' he was .

My girlfriend seems to name all her cars too : so far there has been 'Clive the Clio' . 'Neo the Nissan' , 'Harvey the Hyundai' .

I also knew someone with a VW dubbed 'Vagabond' .

I also knew someone with a VW dubbed 'Vagabond' .

I can think of an RX8 owner near me who should be named after his car engine - he's a right one ;).

Car: W203 C220 CDI Coupe
Name: Kermit
Why: It is Helios Green and my son suggested that we should call it Kermit

In addition to two MBs and two Citroen DSs, I also run a little Suzuki which has come to be known as "Mercifully!", yes, the exclamation mark is part of the name.

Admittedly, the little Suzuki doesn't get used all that much, but whenever it's called upon it does everything it needs to do without ceremony, without needing my almost constant attention, and without breaking the bank, which is why it's called Mercifully! :)

Sadie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom