Do you own more than 1 Merc?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just sold the R171 SLK55, so now only the R172 (same) and the CLS left. I can't see anything I'd want to replace either with, but never say never...

These are my two, clk 500 , and c220 cdi
Your bang for bucks is brilliant. The cars you have do everything so well at such sensible money. My 350 isn’t worth a huge amount at ten years old but it’s so hard to replace. I’m convinced the 213 isn’t as good as a 212.

Oh and only one Merc atm……

Did have....An R170 SLK 230K (her indoors!) and my W209 CLK200K manual. But until I find my ALFA replacement we only have the one...the W169 A Class A170. I'll only drive that if I really have too though....bit girly!

Only the one, plus a golf. I have toyed with the idea of selling mine though as it's quite big, being an E class estate, but I would get another again in the future, though I'm not sure I could afford a newer E class anyway.
Lovely car though! The new ones are pretty expensive!

A few years ago when living in Greece we had a silver W202 and a silver W124 estate.

Had the reg plates H8 POO and H9 POO. Tourists kept trying to hail us and the taxi drivers gave us funny looks at the airport during our first couple of summers of living there.
Haha! I love that story and I love Greece too! Oh be got such a soft spot for the W202 and I’ve come so close to getting one again!

Thankyou HB, i use the c220 cdi for a general run about, and daily trip work and back, i've already covered 2,500 mile in it! now nearly 81k

The CLK i take out on a sunny day for little potta along country roads or a nip down the a12 if needed. shes still on 74k

There both perfect for what i need tbh.and the clk drives so nice.

I've only had one Merc at a time but have done so continuously since 2003. They've all been V8's, the last three estates.

You don't really need 386bhp to pick up some trellising from Lawsons but it helps.

View attachment 127270
I’ve looked at estates so often. They would really suit what I need, but a V8 might be pushing it!

Thankyou HB, i use the c220 cdi for a general run about, and daily trip work and back, i've already covered 2,500 mile in it! now nearly 81k

The CLK i take out on a sunny day for little potta along country roads or a nip down the a12 if needed. shes still on 74k

There both perfect for what i need tbh.and the clk drives so nice.
I want them! 😆

Of all the cars I’ve had and driven, which is a lot! Ive never once driven an Alfa 👀
I've owned 2 Alfetta saloons, my missus had a 156 a few years ago as well.. the early Alfa's you needed double jointed ankles to use the pedals 😬😬😬

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom