Do you prefer to do it in public or in private?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RhysC63?

Car
E350 2015 9g AMG Prem Plus, previously C63
So, I was determined not to add any options to my C63 to keep the lease costs low, but now I'm getting a bit of a niggle about Privacy glass, most of my work colleagues think it would make the car look a lot better. I've ordered Obsidian Black with Sand/Black interior, I believe the car will be build next month so there's probably still time to add this option.

At £330 I can't see it making a huge difference to the monthly lease price.

So, private or public? What do you think?

Dont forget in the UK your glass is already tinted to AS2 on the front, any film will make it too dark, (less than 70% daylight).

Then you get some nasty old Traffpol with a 'tiniman'.

Tint away to the rear passengers and rear screen, but none up front.

I thought about it too but decided not to go for tinted glass. Why? I live in the UK and daylight in always in short supply. Why make it even more rare??

Beside, it would make my hearse looking car even more morbid.

Alex

I've only ever been in the back of one car with a tint. It was like being in a hearse.

My vote would be a not.

But they are your windows...

I like heavy rear tints on an estate. I think saloons look better with even tints all round.

Just my 2c worth.

I like heavy rear tints on an estate. I think saloons look better with even tints all round.

Just my 2c worth.

Black car though, suspect it will look daft without....

My old E220 cried out for rear window tints...

I just love them though!!!

Saloon, Coupe or Wagon?

If a Wagon of any colour then definately!

Other two then maybe depending on colour - white especially!

Why I choose tinted windows

My car will also be delivered next month and I've ordered with tinted windows.

Advantages why I decided to take them:
- Especially on an estate the car looks more elegant and sporty
- If you have children, they sometimes complain about the sun hitting their eyes. With tinted windows, they have 'less' :D reasons to complain.
- If a factory tinted window gets damaged, your insurance will take the cost to repair/replace a tinted window. If you decide to tint them aftermarket, your insurance will only cover a normal window.

Disadvantages I heared from colleagues who have them:
You see less when driving backwards when it's dark outside. Parking sensors help a lot, but a backup camera might be interesting to add as well.

All cars look better with window tints. I love window tints, I think they are amazing and I hate the law for not allowing me the same level of tint that I have on my rear windows for the front and windscreen. I can see out the back fine, ever in night, so I want the law changed, and I want it changed now, so I can the perfect looking C Class estate that stays uber cool in the sun, saving my chocolate bars.

Tint:thumb:

I hate the law for not allowing me the same level of tint that I have on my rear windows for the front and windscreen.
Surely not?

And windscreen? :dk:

That said I came across my first one a few weeks ago, only let in 13% daylight, even the driver said it was hard to see at night :wallbash:

I was persuaded by my wife to add privacy glass to my forthcoming C63 Wagon - it's the second most profound thing she's ever said (the first being "why don't you just buy the car if you like it"). Having now seen a number of C-Class Wagons both with and without privacy glass, I am 100% sure of my decision to add it.

Regarding the extra cost to the lease, just pay the option price up front if you want to keep the monthlies low. I have added privacy glass (£330), option wheels (£350) and the LSD (£1750...ouch!) to mine, but am paying the option cost up front when I pay the balance of the deposit next week.

Could you imagine how good my motor would look with the fronts and the windscreen tinted like my back windows
I think it looks fine as it is TBH :thumb:

And windscreen? :dk:

That said I came across my first one a few weeks ago, only let in 13% daylight, even the driver said it was hard to see at night :wallbash:

Does he note use headlights? You need these to see at night....

I can see out the back of mine fine at night and the rear mirror still autodims, such is the level of light let in. That said my rears let in way more than 13%. Way way more.

The law is the law, so I won't flout it, but I will say I don't agree with it, but sadly will comply....

It's a Wagon/Estate.

Can anyone help out with some photos of Obsidian black with and without?

Wrong car, but you get the Obsidian idea:
new042.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom