Do you recommend nitrogen over air?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sounds lovely and competent when the device takes free air from ambient enviroment.

I red some reviews on Amazon.
Looks like a dodgy device, I don't know?
It's quite expensive in Sweden.
Bosch are known to have some not so good quality products!

These are the customers who gave only one star for Bosch EasyPump.
One customer wrote:
This is a very bad pump, Shame on a well known brand like Bosch. I couldn't inflate one tire on a full charge. The battery go's dead so fast. I really hate it not worth the money.

Others wrote:
Avoid this pump, totally rubbish. The only reason I did not return this was to avoid the hassle.
Bought the pump for three different filling purposes: bicycles, swim rings and sup-boards. In my mind this product does not fit any of these. It takes about four (4) minutes to fill a bicycle tube from completely empty to 80% of the recommended pressure. The pump failed to reach the recommended pressure for a standard bike tube. As a comparison the same takes about 15-20 seconds with a proper manual bike pump.
The same repeated with swim rings. The air supply of this pump is so low that you can easily outrun with simply blowing and with a factor of 2-3. It took 5-10 minutes to fill a modest size swim ring.
The sup-board was a stretch to begin with so I had no high expectations. I would estimate that it would have taken about 1-2 hours to fill the sup-board with this pump.
In addition the noise from the pump was at a level that you would not want to use on a crowded beach.

THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT WORK, tried contacting Bosch on website, youtube and Amazon but they simply won't reply.
This review is also about customer care and and aftersales which is NONE. Can't believe I trusted Bosch over an unbranded product.
Just received the product, plugged it in but there is no sign that it is charging. Been there for over an hour and still no sign of battery life.
What can I do? Is there a way how to contact seller?

Dead unexpectedly after a few uses and keeping in car. Maybe vibrations? I did not disassemble it yet, but it’s completely dead and not charging (not consume current).

Very disappointed in this product. I get approximately 10 psi pumped into one tire and the battery is flat!
I must have got a lemon as my friends one works fine.
There are plenty of other brands offering cordless pumps, and many many more offering them with a 12v plug attached. I have Michelin 12v pumps in every car and they’re great too. Plug into the 12v socket in the car, connect to the tyre, and it inflates the tyre. Have a look on Amazon 👍🏻

Reactions: JHS
Bosch unit seem more to be a hit or miss product?
Some customers were extatic about it others were disappointed.

Perhaps Makita has a similar or better product?

Frankly I think you read the reviews and take your chances - there are many alternatives. I prefer a 12v pump powered from the car battery rather than a pump with an integrated battery.

NJSS

Frankly I think you read the reviews and take your chances - there are many alternatives. I prefer a 12v pump powered from the car battery rather than a pump with an integrated battery.

NJSS

The 12V pump is more reliable powered from the car battery.
However the unit and cord that needs to be pulled out to each wheel is inconvenient

The 12V pump is more reliable powered from the car battery.
However the unit and cord that needs to be pulled out to each wheel is inconvenient
How is it inconvenient?
I think it’s convenient you can pump your tyres on your own drive, it’s takes minutes and it’s always from a full battery.
This thread has gone on too long, I’m out.

I use a foot pump and find it very convenient. It has no battery to go flat or any power lead to connect up. It just works with modest effort from my foot.

How is it inconvenient?
I think it’s convenient you can pump your tyres on your own drive, it’s takes minutes and it’s always from a full battery.
This thread has gone on too long, I’m out.
Loooooooooong cord connected to air valves perhaps?

Then you probably need to go for a cordless tyre pump.

NJSS

You found some really nice items here. :rock:
Will have to go through the stuff.
Found a Makita on first page, could be something cool tool? :thumb:

Thanks Mr. :)

Looks nice but this is a smaller unit.
Makita has a new one, the 40V series - probably much more heavy duty?

Makita MP001GZ​

Would love to see manufacturer fit a quick clip on lock-release clamp.
Much more convenient than a screw on type fitting!
See attached photo.

Attachments

• Quick fit locking release clamp.jpg
    Quick fit locking release clamp.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom