Do You Remember.....................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The cane.
We had the slipper or shoe;) Selected from the foot of an awkward looking female classmate. Glad they weren't allowed to wear Stiletto's !!

I had a Mongoose BMX with rear trick posts. My older sister had a budgie. My younger brother had a flash Raleigh that made noises with some white sound box thing on the main frame. Can't remember what it was called though.

Minispares when they were in Friern Barnet.

rockits said:
We had the slipper or shoe;) Selected from the foot of an awkward looking female classmate. Glad they weren't allowed to wear Stiletto's !!
Reminds me of our RE teacher who threatened to take a slipper to anyone who forgot to bring their bible into class for his next lesson. All 30 boys figured he'd never punish us all so agreed to all "forget" next time. Never underestimate the staying power of a gym master who also teaches RE!

Liquorice wood, delicious.

Spanish tobacco, spacedust, marbles, whip an top, space hopper, taping the charts on a Sunday!

I lost my marbles years ago ;)

$_1.JPG

Solex, SU, Pierburg, Zenith, Stromberg, Weber and Dellorto.

Hmmm.... I must say that I am quite surprised that no one seems to remember these? :confused:

I remember Solex, SU, Weber & Dellorto not sure about the others though.

Hmmm.... I must say that I am quite surprised that no one seems to remember these? :confused:

I remember the Solex being a nightmare on my dads W123 200. My god that was slow.

£.s.d., farthings, not being in Europe, Police Boxes and coppers with whistles, The Woodentops, Smith's plain crisps with blue wrapped salt packets, Player's No.6, Mars Attacks bubble gum (which inspired the flim), - never managed to get the full set of cards, but close!

I could go on and on and on....time for bed, said Zebedee!

You can still buy the Smiths Salt 'n' Shake crisps. Now made by Walkers. I loved eating them without any salt added. And still do whenever I find them for sale.

Savoury Vinegar crisps were fantastic and I remember them costing 2.5p per bag.
The taste can (sort of) be replicated by mixing salt & vinegar and cheese & onion crisps together, especially if crunched in the bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom