Do You Remember.....................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Round metal tins of Quality Street & Roses With tin foiled wrapped chocs inside.

I was discussing this with a work colleague who sent me an image of hexagonal tins from the 80s > 10s.

I only remember round tins albeit a lot taller than they are now - and some of them were often re-used to store other things.

Which reminds me. Button tins. A tin of buttons that your mum kept with all the buttons that she pulled off your old clothes in case you lost one. You would upend it on the kitchen table and spend half an hour scrabbling through them to find that none of them ever matched the missing one from your gabardine.

Which reminds me. Button tins. A tin of buttons that your mum kept with all the buttons that she pulled off your old clothes in case you lost one. You would upend it on the kitchen table and spend half an hour scrabbling through them to find that none of them ever matched the missing one from your gabardine.

I think that's what one of the afore-mentioned tins was used for.

Black and white tv,
life before mobile phones
Having a small bottle of milk at primary school.

Saving the tops from those small milk bottles and sending them off to Blue Peter.
Going to Woolworths for a big bag of Pick&Mix for Christmas.

Gabardine. And now I think about it, those greeny rubberised Gannex macs.

Did you know that the Pound coin is 30 years old :eek:
And that we are getting a new pound coin this March:thumb:

The New 12-sided £1 Coin

I was told at the local Sainsbury's a few months ago that the introduction of the new £1 coin is the reason they have done away with the coin slot on their trolleys. Too expensive to upgrade.

Queuing on a Saturday night with yer dad in the Video shop (AZAD and Global) to get the latest releases. And having to remember to rewind it before returning it.

White fivers
Ten bob notes
Half crowns
Silver sixpence (Joey"s)
Threpenny bits (the coin!)

The white dot in the middle of the TV screen when you turned it off.

Pre Routmaster open platform busses.
Being on a bus or train and nobody is looking at their phone or wearing ear phones.

Quartic steering wheels
Grease nipples that needed greasing every 3000 miles
Air horns that played Colonel Bogey

People able to go about their daily task without carrying bottles of water (and not dropping dead from dehydration)

Now I feel really ancient....

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

God I am old... silver sixpences were of course "tanners". Silver Threpenny bits (as opposed to the brassy looking multi sided ones) were joey's.

And what about Radio Caroline and of course the best radio station of the 60s "Big L" - Radio London.

Which then reminded me of the daily Garner Ted Armstrong evangelical broadcast The World Tomorrow.

Enough!

And what about Radio Caroline and of course the best radio station of the 60s "Big L" - Radio London.

Which then reminded me of the daily Garner Ted Armstrong evangelical broadcast The World Tomorrow.

Enough!

God I am old... silver sixpences were of course "tanners". Silver Threpenny bits (as opposed to the brassy looking multi sided ones) were joey's.

White fivers
Ten bob notes
Half crowns
Silver sixpence (Joey"s)
Threpenny bits (the coin!)

The white dot in the middle of the TV screen when you turned it off.

Pre Routmaster open platform busses.
Being on a bus or train and nobody is looking at their phone or wearing ear phones.

Quartic steering wheels
Grease nipples that needed greasing every 3000 miles
Air horns that played Colonel Bogey

People able to go about their daily task without carrying bottles of water (and not dropping dead from dehydration)

Now I feel really ancient....

Nope to all!!!! Lol

Did you know that the Pound coin is 30 years old :eek:
And that we are getting a new pound coin this March:thumb:

The New 12-sided £1 Coin

Nearly 34 - I seem to remember it coming out in 1983...

Having to fit a 3 pin plug to electrical appliances.

Remember it well.

Expecting everyone to wire a plug regardless of ability.

What could possibly go wrong?

Mum Spit!

(Just explained the concept to our 12 year old daughter. Luckily she’s never been exposed to it.)

Mum Spit!

(Just explained the concept to our 12 year old daughter. Luckily she’s never been exposed to it.)
The ulimate miracle cleaner when applied with the corner of a clean (ish) handkerchief...

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom