Do You Remember.....................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Who amongst us has these style driving licences?

No I haven't these were my mothers & date back to 1946

Attachments

• DSCN0534.jpg
    DSCN0534.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 18
Who amongst us has these style driving licences?

No I haven't these were my mothers & date back to 1946

Me. Petrol was 34p/gallon (we'd only been decimal about a year or less) when I passed my driving test. The red book licence was still being issued in the early 70s.

A packet of Smiths crisps with blue salt bag for 4d a pint of beer for 1/10 and back then a pint of rough cider was 71/2d pronounced sevenpunceha'pny :D

Druk said:
I remember them...and Amal on my BSA A7.
I'd forgotten about the Amal on my A7 (and C15). I had many cars and bikes with the SU and loved their simplicity, even when balancing them on my Jag XK120 (one of a few vehicles I wish I'd kept).

Happytalk73 said:
Life before the Internet. :eek: BBC 1, BBC 2, ITV and that was it!!!:doh: Channel 4 launch. Channel 5's fussy picture. :fail
You kids haven't lived. Our TV choices were BBC or nothing. Takes me to next memory: all the street in our living room to watch the coronation.

Happytalk73 said:
Cooking with lard Tripe (my dad used to eat this for gods sake) Shell suits (OMG)
One of my ancestors was apparently a "tripe dresser". I don't know if that has any connection with Lady Gaga!

Dave Richardson said:
Wasn't this stuff named as 'flock' D
Yes. Very popular in early Chinese restaurants.

Dave Richardson said:
Who amongst us has these style driving licences? No I haven't these were my mothers & date back to 1946
Me. First one in 1962. Got a slip when I passed my driving test that I had to keep in the back of the provisional book until my full licence came through. I took great delight in letting a copper get all excited about me riding a motorbike without L plates when (he thought) I was still on my provisional licence. He was so disappointed when I suggested he look in the back!

The Nokia 7650

World's first camera phone

nokia76501.jpg

Do you remember,

♫ chalk hearts melting on a playground wall. ♫

Yes. Very popular in early Chinese restaurants.

Yes , you're quite correct it was popular in Chinese restaurants, I can recall going to a local one in North Hill Plymouth & the walls being covered in flock paper

Were any of you poor enough to be fed Fat an Bread or Mucky Dripping as me Grandad called it ? Made to taste better with a even sprinkling of salt...haha

6d worth of chips, four feather falls on BBC , whirly birds on BBC, Zinc ointment, gloves on string up your sleeves, tank tops, The Ivy Shop on Richmond Hill, Ivy Pain Cap Shoes, Levi Staypress Trousers, Ben Shirman Shirts, England winning the World Cup 66, My Dads Standard Vanguard and Rover 95

Wooden louvered doors on wardrobes and if you were right on the pulse,wooden louvered swing doors on the lounge like a western bar.

We never had a car as kids, my Dad eventually gave us his push bike that he used for getting to work, and bought himself an NSU Quickly 49cc moped.then later a Hillman Minx, we'd finally made it into the big time. :thumb: Happy Days. Almost forgot, D1ck Barton Special Agent, on the wireless.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom