Do You Remember.....................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Southbound M20 it's often foreign registered cars rushing for the Chunnel or ferry, but just as often it's UK registered and may well be a small hatchback with a young male driver! Oh to be young and invincible again! Kent Police are not daft though, they regularly patrol J11 to J8 in unmarked cars and it's not unusual to see someone on the hard shoulder getting his collar felt.

.....when seeing a grown man walking down a street in public wearing full sized over the ear headphones meant he was with the gas/electric company searching for something underground, a member of a TV/radio news team or a escaped lunatic...

AA / RAC metal badge on the grille.

Or window stickers from every city or holiday resort you've ever visited.

I had a 1955 Austin A30 which had them.
Confusingly, while my 1937 Morris 8 Tourer and my 1958 Morris 1000 Traveller both had semaphore ‘trafficators’, my 1953 Ford 100e Anglia had flashers. (Which were white at the front)

But then the Morrises both had electric wipers, whereas the Ford had those useless vacuum things, which slowed/stopped when you most needed them...

On the Traveller, the driver’s side indicator stuck at times, and I had to give the B pillar a thump from inside to make it operate.

Oh the joys of teenage motoring on a budget😀

Front seats that tilted forward to allow passengers to clamber in the back, the seats had no locks or latches to keep them in place on the car floor pan, just the hinge at the front...or was that a 'modification' my dad made in the shed ?

Major thread revival!!!!

Roger Wittaker.

Big memories of my dad loving Roger’s whistling tracks when I was a boy so I’ve asked a computer mate to source some music and burn to a CD for my old man on Fathers Day. I’m hopeful he’ll love the memories just like I do. 🙏

Your Father ? That's depressing, :cool: he was very much my favourite at the time, whistling and singing, still like him.
I always liked it that even the cheapest cars had leather, till car makers discovered draylon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom