Do You Remember.....................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Having to wire in a red/white parking light to attach to (usually) the drivers door window for night time parking on the street.

While I'm at it, putting a small paraffin burner under the engine in winter.

Having to wire in a red/white parking light to attach to (usually) the drivers door window for night time parking on the street.

While I'm at it, putting a small paraffin burner under the engine in winter.

^^Which century are you from???

Lennox said:
Most likely the 20th. You 21st century lot haven't passed your 17th birthday yet ;)

Happytalk73 said:
Did anyone have a Chemistry Set?
They're still around. I've just bought one as a Christmas present for my 9-year old granddaughter (I better get enhanced home insurance for my son!)

Road works having small yellow lamps with a small paraffin wick and were almost not worth bothering with!

And a night watchman with a brazier with coke in it and a red and white stripey tent thing.
In hindsight, what was that all about then?

UCL = Upper Cylinder Lubricant.....Red-Ex usually.

There was also "Carburol".

In those days of 'de-cokes' at just 40K or whatever, no-one knocked the snake oil!

Home made go karts.

I once tried to ram my brother during a race. The only problem being, mine had plastic pram wheels whilst his had metal pram wheels :doh::fail

My Uncle who is almost 70, still has a chipped front tooth from hurtling, face-down, downhill, on a homemade bogie. :doh: :D

We used to nick them for our dens.

I just nicked one for the sake of it!

Not sure what for or what I did with it.

I still have the burner, sadly I drank the paraffin a long time ago.

While I'm at it........ stick on heated rear window demisters....posh or what?

Bert Weedon - play in a day, 40 years later........and three guitars, still can't play a 'kin thing.

Readers digest's 'Life's Like That' & 'Laughter, the best medicine'

Readers digest's 'Life's Like That' & 'Laughter, the best medicine'

No

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom