Do You Remember.....................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
the classic hamlet adverts, so many funny ones...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Being able to smoke on the train - in each 4 car unit on our line 1/2 the rearmost car was smoking, and IIRC 1/2 the front one was 1st Class. Also being able to smoke upstairs on double decker busses!

Cadburys Flair in the same sort of box that Quality Street was in,would be around 1958.

When Sugar Puffs were called Sugar Puffs .......not that long ago.

Mrs Ted sent me out to get some about a year ago (amongst other things)
I spent AGES looking for them in the cereal aisle thinking that there was no way they weren’t going to have them.
Finally found them. Bloody ‘honey monster puffs’.

Ted, that reminds me of taking a trip to Dubai from Karachi back in 1975, wife asked me to get her some Helena Rubenstein lake-up or cream, can't remember which, searched high and low without success, it was only some considerable time later that the penny dropped - Dubai and anything Jewish sounding was a complete no-no then! She converted to Clarins, and I shudder to think how much we've spent on that stuff since, would probably buy me a new SL!

Stra’ven toffee.
a bit like tablet, but only available in a little shop in Strathaven.
My mum loved it so I always had to take a detour to pick some up if I was going past.

Bonkers when you think back isn't it.

You learn something new every day, I had to go look those up.
I did too. The 'new and improved' version has 'reduced sugar....but more added honey' ...pretty much the same frucking thing last time I looked ! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom