Do you Smoke?

Do you or have you ever tried smoking?

• I do smoke.

Votes: 20 15.3%
  • I don't smoke but I have tried it.

Votes: 23 17.6%
  • I don't smoke and I've never tried it.

Votes: 32 24.4%
  • I used to smoke but I've stopped.

Votes: 56 42.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 113659

Having never had a drag of a cigarette, cigar or pipe in my entire life I'm curious to see the percentage of people that have.

I grew up in a house full of smoke as did my 3 sisters. My Mum & Dad both smoked heavily.

What is interesting is that neither me, my 3 sisters, our spouses or any of our children smoke and never have.

It's almost as if my sisters and I made a conscious decision to not smoke, find partners that didn't smoke and instil it into our children not to smoke also.

Are my parents responsible for 16 people abstaining from smoking?

No offence to anyone that does but it's my No:1 pet hate in life.

Ant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was so happy when I eventually managed to stop. It was damned hard to do.

3 years clean now.

I have not smoked for nearly to years now but if other people wish to smoke I have no problem with that live & let live

I can understand why people have a first cigarette but for the life of me I can't fathom why they have a second.

I had the traditional first cigarette at school and it left me feeling at death's door. I was having hot and cold flushes, my heart was racing, I felt as if I was going to be violently sick and I was quite dizzy.

Quite a few thoughts went through my mind but none of them was "Mmm, I like this."

I have not smoked for nearly to years now but if other people wish to smoke I have no problem with that live & let live

I hope I've not misled you. I don't judge people that smoke. It's a pet hate because of my memories. Car Journeys (especially in the winter (with Windows closed)) were horrible.

Ant.

I've not smoked anything for over 15 years and don't miss it, I do miss the taste of a spliff though.

I can understand why people have a first cigarette but for the life of me I can't fathom why they have a second.

I had the traditional first cigarette at school and it left me feeling at death's door. I was having hot and cold flushes, my heart was racing, I felt as if I was going to be violently sick and I was quite dizzy.

Quite a few thoughts went through my mind but none of them was "Mmm, I like this."

Yes, I imagine most kids persevere to try and be 'cool, and grown up when in truth they look so ridiculous.

Gave up when my wife found out she was expecting , 20 years ago.

Should have never started it when i was 16 year old apprentice in `83.

Wife still smokes to this day despite the fact her dad died of lung cancer three years ago. :confused: , i remember walking out of the Royal Hospital after visiting her dad the day before his lung removal op and watching my wife , her sister and my two brother-in-laws with a fag in one hand and a lighter in the other just waiting to light up as soon as they were outside :doh:

I remember when we both smoked our monthly fag bill was more than our first mortgage monthly payments.:eek:

Kenny

You sure it wasn't a spliff?? :D

On a more serious note, there are some nasty fags out there, especially some of the cheaper ones. i wish I had tried one of those 20 odd years ago and I wouldn't be smoking today :doh:

Just curious (might sound like a silly question) but are there any smokers that approve of the smoking ban in pubs, restaurants and public places?

I for one love being able to go for a nice meal without the risk of smelling smoke.

Also enjoy going on holiday. I remember the smoking sections on flights as a child. Horrible when you think back.

Ant.

Never so much as laid a finger on a cigarette. And totally tea total since 2009.

Gave up Feb 2013 and was the best thing I ever did for my health.
When I think of the money I set on fire I could have bought another house.

Doesn't bother me if others wish to smoke outdoors, but I do hate the smell now and avoid it if possible.

Tea total here since April 2015 Chris. Do I miss it? Not one little bit.

Love crisps and chocolate though. :doh:

I started at age 12 and gave up when I was 24. I stupidly started again 2 years ago. I have two kids that I never smoke in front of, but they're obviously not fooled by the chewing gum that seemed to work on my parents all those years ago.

I'm really disappointed with myself for taking it back up. It may be my only vice, but its a bad one.

Never have - couldn't fathom the attraction. My father's parents smoked and it was horrible - the stench, the yellow ceilings, etc.. Neither of my parents smoked though.

Nope never smoked and never will, i'm 99% teatotal too, i had a long island iced tea about 6 weeks ago, before that was another at xmas - i need to pace myself

I smoked 40 a day for ten years. I've been clean for twenty years now. Yes, giving up was hard, but I am now the world's most militant anti-smoker imaginable :D

I first started smoking when I was 15 and it was a joint being passed about, I liked the feeling of being stoned so smoked the odd spliff now and then and before I new it I was hooked on fags.
Smoked Bacca for 20 odd years till I eventually binned the dam things.
Best and hardiest thing I have done, been 12 years with owt a cigarette, but I do still have the odd blast on a Bong now and then.
Cheers
Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom