Do you think this will buff out ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LTD

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Polo GTi (and a travel pass for the train and subway)
:wallbash:

4h5nc2.jpg

Expletive deleted! New wing jobbie I'm afraid. You might get away with a new door skin. Somebody reverse into you?

Bugger :(.

Bizzarly the F1 milk float is in similar but not as bad condition. It had more power than I had ability lol. Never ever ever fit Bridgestone potenzas complete garbage.

I got into a sideways slide and slammed it into a kerb bad news new alloy £679 + vat Trade each. Really bad news non in country on back order from Germany 16 weeks delivery also 2ft crease in back door :-(

Well peed off, going to VW motorsport in Crewe next week for them to assess they think a weld, reform and refurb may be possible from photos so we'll see.

CLK now back in service as my daily driver :)

Bizzarly the F1 milk float is in similar but not as bad condition. It had more power than I had ability lol. Never ever ever fit Bridgestone potenzas complete garbage.

I got into a sideways slide and slammed it into a kerb bad news new alloy £679 + vat Trade each. Really bad news non in country on back order from Germany 16 weeks delivery also 2ft crease in back door :-(

Well peed off, going to VW motorsport in Crewe next week for them to assess they think a weld, reform and refurb may be possible from photos so we'll see.

CLK now back in service as my daily driver :)

You've lost me...F1 milk float?

Ultra quick hybrid VW Golf with KERS. Got nicknamed F1 milk float by some members on here because of its turn of speed and massive torque when in electric only mode.

So, this is a one off vehicle Ian?

So, this is a one off vehicle Ian?

Conversion by VW motorsport. Base vehicle is a Golf GTE to which they do a twin turbo Conversion and remap then replace the 7.7Kw battery pack with an 11Kw KERS unit. Engine + electric together give 303 PS and 0-60 in 4.47 seconds.

grober said:
Somebody reverse into you?

Nope. Was leaving the local supermarket and a Transit van went through a give way into the side of me and pushed me into the near side kerb.

Damage as far as I can see at the moment

Front offside wing
Front offside door
Scuff to drivers door mirror
Offside front alloy scuffed
Offside front tyre wall split
Near side front alloy scuffed
Near side wing paint scraped from bushes

Got a witness to it and now in the hands if the insurers.

It's back off to Mitchell Inglis ........

Ouch sorry to hear that mate hopefully it's fixable. I once had a beemer taken out by a transit not pretty. Mines not that bad and it it was my own stupid fault. Dent technician should be able to do crease but if I can't sort alloy might have to replace with a full set off GTi

Conversion by VW motorsport. Base vehicle is a Golf GTE to which they do a twin turbo Conversion and remap then replace the 7.7Kw battery pack with an 11Kw KERS unit. Engine + electric together give 303 PS and 0-60 in 4.47 seconds.

That's very interesting Ian - let's have a few photos of the conversion :thumb:.

Always wary of impacts that might involve wheels. They are tough old things so often appear to emerge relatively unscathed. However they have a tendency to transmit any impact to associated suspension components which may have taken the brunt of the collision. Needless to say make sure the car goes to a repairer that can check all that front suspension geometry!

Write-off...

Commiserations.

So long as it wasn't your fault.

Thanks Derek.

Door pillar where the hinges attach seems to have no damage so it should be a repair.

Certainly not my fault whatsoever as the transit ran the give way and the driver of the car behind the van is my witness to that.

Always wary of impacts that might involve wheels. They are tough old things so often appear to emerge relatively unscathed. However they have a tendency to transmit any impact to associated suspension components which may have taken the brunt of the collision.

I remember Tim Kemp having an off near to Olly's GTG a few years back.
He had hit a kerb and the damage cost (IIRC) £10,800 to repair.

That's very interesting Ian - let's have a few photos of the conversion :thumb:.

There's some on here somewhere John I did a thread called something like "my new daily not MB"

It's going back to VW Motorsport next week for a checkover so I'll take some more shots whilst all the engine covers and the under tray is off..

VW after sales service is absolutely amazing nothing too much trouble.

Front offside wing
Front offside door
Scuff to drivers door mirror
Offside front alloy scuffed
Offside front tyre wall split
Near side front alloy scuffed
Near side wing paint scraped from bushes

Bummer :mad:.

The bright side is...if it's written-off you could upgrade to a V6. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom