Do you wash your own car or not

Do you wash your own car or not

• I wash my own car

Votes: 439 82.7%
  • Some one else cleans my car

Votes: 92 17.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Deane x

Car
C350e S205 2016
After reading a thread today I thought it would be nice to see who cleans there own car and how and who does not and how ....I go to a hand wash /valetting and have a mini valet for £15 and I am all ways happy with job ..how about you guys

Sometimes I do it, sometimes a car sales pitch, sometimes I have Jeeves do it.

I wash my car and did it this morning even though I knew it was going to rain. People are surprised by that but I see it like taking a shower - objective is to remove the dirt. I wash the car every two weeks and it also serves as exercise since I'm not a member of any gym.

(I never wash my wife's car, that's £10 in/out).

I used to when I was younger, and I would have loved to keep doing this, unfortunately living in a flat in Central London this is not really an option for me anymore.

I bought my car to enjoy the driving experience, not the ball ache of cleaning it...today the rains doing the job. :thumb:

This may sound odd, but I lead a very busy (and often stressful) life, and I actually find washing my car a relaxing and rewarding pastime.

But hey, some people relax by watching re-runs of TG on Dave, so go figure... :D

Last edited:
I never, ever, ever, EVER let anyone wash my car :devil:.

And I never ever swear at women, until the day I'd spent a few hours preparing for a GTG, including some serious drying - water mark free and gleaming.

I approached a large traffic light controlled intersection, where some Eastern European ladies were squirting water onto windscreens from Fairy bottles, before wiping them with a squeegee sponge and holding out a paper cup for your appreciation,

One got closer, implements in hand - I waved a "no no" finger - she got closer - I tooted the horn and shook my head - she got closer, water bottle ready to ejaculate...

What was I to do :dk:.

At the last minute, civility gave way to protectionism - I lowered the window and loudly shouted "FARCK OFFFFFF".

She snarled and moved on - but it was close, I can tell you :devil:.

Love the idea of paying for mine to be cleaned but the ones I can afford on a regular basis all come with scratches free of charge.

So until I can afford a proper detailing firm to do my regular wash it's down to me.

I like to wash my own car.

If I wanted the results of the local Polish car wash, I'd invest in some Brillopads and a bucket of fine grit sand.

Interestingly as markjay says, I also find it relaxing and rewarding to see the end results.

The rain washed it for me today!:D

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

maintenance contract with a professional valet/detailer, £25 a month

I wash mine twice a week, without fail and detail it at least once a month. I wont go into the process i go to lol i will bore you all.

I wash mine twice a week, without fail and detail it at least once a month. I wont go into the process i go to lol i will bore you all.

You won't - let's hear it Dan...

Dansenior said:
normally I find people like that doing it to reduce the weight of the car by wearing the paint so the car goes faster!:D Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Sponge Bob does it for me. £5 including wheels and scratches.

I don't care. Wax is something swmbo uses on the sideboard.

Some I do and some I don't. I had a Gemclean detail and protection jobbie on the Phantom a year ago and it makes it a doddle to clean even now. My new Morgan, Pug and TVR will be going in soon for the same treatment. No way will the illegals be washing all that expensive polish off.

I clean my car two or three times a week the alloys get cleaned after every drive I would let no one else clean it or drive it and it gives me a buzz when cleaned it is sad but true OCD I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom