Do you wash your own car or not

Do you wash your own car or not

• I wash my own car

Votes: 439 82.7%
  • Some one else cleans my car

Votes: 92 17.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Always clean car on purchase. Then clay bar, poorboys and ten wax. I never let the stealers clean the car, i put a post it note on the steering wheel saying do not wash!

You are not alone :rolleyes:. Even then I walk around to the wash bay and "tell" the lads to only hoover the interior - they find it alien that I do not want a "free car wash".

The MB dealer in Brisbane Australia had a team of nubile young ladies that washed the cars (they were subcontracted from an all girl business). They couldn't understand why they were not allowed to touch my car.

All my cars are not garage queens, use them as they should be used, rather spend my time driving than cleaning ;)

All my cars are not garage queens, use them as they should be used, rather spend my time driving than cleaning ;)
Yep, but you can't beat a nice clean car, and don't you know a clean car drive's better. ;):)

It's akin to Women, The Missus is clean, the mistress dirty..............:rolleyes:

I was my car most of the year however i do have maintenance washes by my detailer who initially protected the paintwork.

I loathe to get my gear out in this winter so i find my self visiting my friend a lot more than i'd like.

As a pro detailer,9 out of 10 of my customers come to me for paint correction, so what causes the swirls and minor scratches??

Machine Car washes,hand/power wash and clay barring are all the main reasons for poor paint quality.

Good wash techniques are the way go to protect your beloved Mercedes paint.

If your obsessed about you paint like me........Don't clay unless you plan to polish out the damage, use a wash mitt not a sponge, prerinse with power washer and use large 10ltr bucket x 2 with a decent shampoo with good lubrication.

I cannot recommend clay barring a car enough after having done all four of ours - as a novice on my daughter 14 year old Corsa upto my car where I felt much more proficient.

Yes I did then run a machine polisher quickly over them with the Turtle wax hybrid 'stuff', not knowing that that was recommended, but it was in my plan last lockdown summer
However, the shine (even when partially dirty) that they still retain months later and then the actual feel of smooth metal is appreciated even by my daughters
That and twin bucket with a wash mit is my rule.

My brother in law has been converted by it as well and did his to breath life into his an 18 year BMW convertible (yes I know....) as well as all his families cars.
I wash one car each weekend, so each car is cleaned once a month (unless it really, really needs it!)

I love washing the car very therapeutic, stand back and look at what a great job 💥 my son arrives in his car which is dirty as usual, so as a dad you say look at the state of that car its embarrassing, Ahhh he said i will take it to the polish place. What i said how much do they charge you (bearing in mind had come round to borrow money) a tenner he said. Right i said give me a tenner i will wash it, but i want the tenner first. So he gives me the tenner (at this point i think i am teaching him a lesson) then his friend turns up and says why you washing his car, i proudly say i've taken a tenner of him for doing this, this is easier than going to work. He says do you want to wash mine then. :doh: Bloody kids what do you do with them. And no i didn't wash his car too.

So basically you washed his car for free as he borrowed it back off you 🙄 kids never pay back 😀

So basically you washed his car for free as he borrowed it back off you 🙄 kids never pay back 😀
Yep, the idea was for him to realise that if i'm giving him £100 a £10 is already gone, but maybe its me knowing how maths work :wallbash::fail:

I used to when I was younger, and I would have loved to keep doing this, unfortunately living in a flat in Central London this is not really an option for me anymore.
No water required triple wax waterless wash its absolutely amazing use it on both my e classes 3 towelling cloths body work glass then wheels takes me 15 mins people think it scratches the paint work trust me it doesn’t

I never put the c63 away dirty weather permitting but the volvo is ditched especially this time of year how ever many times i wash it (black)

No water required triple wax waterless wash its absolutely amazing use it on both my e classes 3 towelling cloths body work glass then wheels takes me 15 mins people think it scratches the paint work trust me it doesn’t
I Did a full correction on Astra GTC a while back, the customer was using a similar approach to yourself, At first glance on drop off it looked pretty decent ,once i completed the decontamination stage and inspected the paint under a direct light, you wouldn't believe the amount of damage present. i think many of these products actually "fill" the induced scratches as you use waterless products, many waterless products use silicones which are well known to "fill"

Since Mercedes paint is in the hard category, you may avoid certain level of damage that softer paint types would be venerable to. Vauxhalls are very soft. But i would still show caution with these products.

I can't imagine cleaning a car without a hose . It's like washing yourself with a damp cloth instead of having a bath or shower !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes when working away for long periods 1-2 months I’ll find a decent place that offers a good quality hand wash but I don’t like it one little bit,, certainly prefer to wash it myself 100% and certainly never let the stealer wash it on a service day, story for another time 🤯

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom