Doctor's Strike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

corned

MB Enthusiast
Car
car
310512-MATT-web_2234910a.jpg

:D

Because whenever it suits them they try to pull 'overworked, underpaid noble servants of the public' horse-puckey and conveniently forget how long and hard they fought against the NHS?

Because whenever it suits them they try to pull 'overworked, underpaid noble servants of the public' horse-puckey and conveniently forget how long and hard they fought against the NHS?

I doubt many were working in 1947.

No different to striking over pensions in other professions though, so why should it be crime of the century? ;)
It's not, but I would have had a little more sympathy if the BMA had shown a little more vociferous support to fellow professionals in the public sector when their pensions were under attack from government policies. [ Maybe they did ? -in which case I take it back ] :dk: A little background reading:- NHS Pay Modernisation: New contracts for general practice services in England - National Audit Office

Last edited:

I doubt many were working in 1947.

I know I was not though it seems like it!;)

There have been huge cultural changes in the NHS since 1947 and more so during my time and most of those have been for the better and they have helped to deliver some of the best patient care available anywhere and still free at the point of delivery.

I expect one or two here will now regale us of tales of woe that happened to either themselves, a relative, a friend or the ubiquitous "someone I heard of" Well yes it happens, people make mistakes, some people are in the wrong career but, and this is the important bit, the NHS will, if you need it to, give you the best chance of survival following a catastrophic event.

There is no right or wrong here, I am not trying to generate another "them and us" style argument but some of us are paid more than others, some would argue that is unfair, others that it is simply down to market forces. I would argue that a pension that reflects approximately half of your working salary is not excessive, it is the ratio that is important, not the actual figure.

I think my doctor is on strike all the time anyway. I have to book 3 weeks in advance for an appointment.

Hippocratic Oath = F*** it--- show me the money!

thats an unfair statement... why can all other unions strike... and when doctors strike... its got to be linked to their oath??

plus this is not even a full strike... emergency services and cancer services all go ahead as normal. Only non urgent appointments and elective surgeries are put off....

Doctors and those that work in the NHS are human too and need money to survive, ie food, lodging, petrol/diesel, mortgage and clothing.... They are not paid as much as the average suggest... especially not the junior doctors... what is recorded and suggested in the news are those who are already on the top and those top GPs... do not forget that 70% are junior doctors... and they certainly do not even make half the amount suggested.

thats an unfair statement... why can all other unions strike... and when doctors strike... its got to be linked to their oath??

plus this is not even a full strike... emergency services and cancer services all go ahead as normal. Only non urgent appointments and elective surgeries are put off....

Doctors and those that work in the NHS are human too and need money to survive, ie food, lodging, petrol/diesel, mortgage and clothing.... They are not paid as much as the average suggest... especially not the junior doctors... what is recorded and suggested in the news are those who are already on the top and those top GPs... do not forget that 70% are junior doctors... and they certainly do not even make half the amount suggested.

It was a joke. Same as the placards imitating Doctor's writing.

I think they are arguing about their original terms & conditions being changed which IMO is wrong in all cases such as these.

Guys, guys...

It was just a cartoon I posted. Please don't analyse it all to death - just take it for the humour it was intended to be.

Given the thread title, this was bound to turn into a debate about the doctor's strike and the underlying issues.

Had you slipped it quietly into the "More jokes" thread, I doubt anyone would have responded. ;)

I posted it because I thought it was funny. That's the end of it. Nothing more complicated than that!

I happen to like Matt's cartoons - my kind of satire.

Those who wish to analyse everything for the rest of the evening are welcome to do so: I'm off down t'pub. :)

I posted it because I thought it was funny. That's the end of it. Nothing more complicated than that!

I happen to like Matt's cartoons - my kind of satire.

Those who wish to analyse everything for the rest of the evening are welcome to do so: I'm off down t'pub. :)

I'm with you on that one buddy. Metaphorically (thank God for spell check) speaking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom