Documentation/Information request!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

v_j_r

Car
06-C180 W203 Kompressor Avantgarde Auto Jasper Blue
I have had a major ongoing problem with a Mercedes dealership and i would like to ask if anyone here has any full details and/or any terms and conditions of the Mercedes 30 day exchange program..........and indeed any personal experiences of invoking this exchange program.:bannana:

I thank you in advance for your time and any help.:D

Best Regards.

Thanks for that diesel man but i really need some hard written information other than one simple paragraph and *Terms and conditions apply, as that just leaves the dealership to invoke there own conditions to suit which i have been experiencing but thanks for your time.:D

Best Regards.

Surely they should have given you a printed copy of the T&C's attaching.
Contact Mercedes customer care 00800 1777777

Can you tell us any more?

I so love this small prints....
Just love them.
terms and conditions apply, participants must be 90 and over

http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/cont...ange_plan.html said:
Should you not be satisfied with your car for any reason, you are entitled to exchange it at any time within the first 30 days or 1,000 miles of ownership (whichever comes sooner).*

* Terms and Conditions Apply

That makes it quite clear what the proposition is. If the terms and conditions are not reasonable, and are not made known to you at the point at which the contract is made (when you signed to buy the car), then they're being a little dodgy.

Assuming your request is reasonable (eg fault, not as described, etc), and not just because you found a car you prefer elsewhere, then I think you would be in a favourable position in the eyes of the law.

Worth a call to MB Customer Services first, before progressing legal avenues.

Am I also right in thinking that if there is a fault with the car then you also have to give the garage a reasonable chance of fixing it and if it still persists then you can reject it.

He should be able to exchange almost on a whim if he is not satisfied.

I had tried to invoke the 30 day exchange within the first week it fell on deaf ears all of the time, some of the excuses were such as.........But it is down to the finance company and how they react to it and the changing of documentation ££££££££ etc.:crazy:

I made it quite clear that this vehicle was to sedate for myself and others who drive it and that its driving characteristics were not in keeping with its "Kompressor" and or "Supercharger" badging and it would not probably fulfill our future requirements power/torque wise therefore i would either require upgrading to perhaps a CDI 200 or preferably a 220. I even found cars for them that were suitable but the sales people were so long winded most were sold this went on for weeks to no avail.:eek:

The car itself when i purchased it was showing 9700 miles it is now showing 13150 and has had a service A, it has been back to the dealership on 7 previous occasions and it is now back there again for its 8th visit total cost of warranty repairs not including this visit are now at present £1,179.00 in 8 months or so as you can see we haven't had a clear 3 months use out of it yet!!.

It is now back there again with ESP failures and other possible sensor failures, and even Mercedes emergency have refused to attend due to the history showing "No servicing" what a joke!!.

I also bought this for peace of mind and reliability which this is proving not to be the case here!!.

Best Regards.

I had tried to invoke the 30 day exchange within the first week it fell on deaf ears all of the time, some of the excuses were such as.........But it is down to the finance company and how they react to it and the changing of documentation ££££££££ etc.:crazy:

This is where you went wrong.

The Salesman/Manager didn't want you to reject the car before the first payment was made as the payment commences the agreement, and because they get a charge back if the deal bombs.

Now you need to get into a not fit for the intended purpose argument due to the time and mileage that has passed.

If you took this legal you might win at Court depending on just how bad the car has been, but you have accepted the car by dint of elapsed time.

I suspect the best you will get is an enhanced trade in offer against an upgrade.

Update!!

The vehicle has now been successfully rejected as of not of merchantable quality in it's entirety under the SOGA 1979 as amended after 11 months of problems with the quality and/or warranty and customer service issues at dealer level!, they have also been succesfully sued as well for £5,000 in damges.:D

As the vehicle was on hire purchase and under SOGA 1973 (Implied terms) where we are allowed as the law says "Quiet Possession" the finance company has agreed to cancel the agreement with no penalties or fee's and put we/us back into the position we were at from day one, thereby allowing us to purchase another vehicle (£21,000) of our choosing and start again.:rock:

Needless to say it is not likely to be another mercedes sorry chaps but i think the clincher was the fact that the hire purchase company performed an inspection of the vehicle after 11 months and found on top of all the other problems that the nearside wing had been off at some stage and not recorded as such as even at mercedes and this was sold as an "Approved Used" there you go a result.:bannana:

Best Regards.

Glad to hear you got a result!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom