Dodge Calibre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ANP320

Car
E320 CDI
Anyone had one as a courtesy car?

Should I be afraid?

yuck

Very afraid. Please say it's not orange :crazy:

i heard it was related to the ford focus

Oh gawd. :( How bad is cack? Sounds pretty bad.

Orange??????? Look, now I'm really worried. :eek:

I have driven one and I can say that it is, how can I put this..and acquired taste.
For someone without taste.
And should never be acquired:p

Underneath that butch and deliberately ugly exterior lurks the heart of that old "favourite", the Chrysler Neon. It shares its chassis with the Chrysler PT Cruiser.

That means it is junk. :)

Driven a friends one...didn't like it at all, and was almost over the moon once I was driving my car again.

Interior, chassis, ride, power...all complete rubbish.

Right, well, ummm. I suppose it could be worse.

Oh dear. Well I'm boooked in towards the end of April. I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks to all who've replied. I don't think I can take any more.

STOP!! Do not waste an hour of your time on a Calibre. The Trades Description Act should be invoked! 'Calibre' they're not. Dreadful interior, cheap plastics, sharp edges, bad finishing (a bit like an '80s Korean car), noisy, gutless engine. I had a long (or as long as I could stand) on a dealer day. They're not actually that cheap either and residuals are dreadful (look in Autotrader for a year old one and compare with new!).

Get a Focus - same price and miles better.

STOP!! Do not waste an hour of your time on a Calibre......
....Get a Focus - same price and miles better.

I don't think ANP 320 is actually contemplating buying one - I think it's just a courtesy car. Mind you, that's bad enough by the sound of it.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, definitely not buying a below Calibre Caliber. Dave Lewis is correct.

My cars is going in for a bit of bodywork courtesy of Tony Purslow and Mobilo, which I am happy about of course as I hope and believe it will prolong the life of my beloved E320. I'd have to wait weeks for a Merc courtesy car, so the Dodge was the alternative.

To be honest I'm just happy that my bodywork is being fixed so I don't really mind that much and it will only be for a few days. I didn't really expect it to get rave reviews but I didn't expect such universal condemnation either.

Which leads me to ponder why a dealer like TP, which has a pretty good reputation I think, is offering them and indeed selling them?

Bet I get the 1.8 basic version as well :(

i take it its going in to basingstoke??

TP's also have a chrysler franchise (and smart and alfa) so have plenty of them about (TP company cars were all chryslers for about 2 months untill everyone decided to opt out of the company car scheme lol, now they all have mercs or alfas again)

It was on the list of rental cars I was offered on a trip abroad last year. The bloke from the rental company suggested that I probably wouldn't want it even if they gave me money to drive it :D.

Sorry to revive an old thread but I thought those of you who expressed an opinion the first time round would like to know that you were right.

Received my Dodge Caliber courtesy car this morning. :(

It's not orange (sort of red leaning towards orange). The interior was obviously constructed by a child at nursery school and is just as bad as everyone predicted.

It's not pretty on the outside either. Looks like a Transformer after it has transformed.

I've received the 6 speed 2 litre diesel (VW engine so I'm told) and, dare I say it, it's not that bad a drive but why anyone would build a car like this is beyond me.

And I've got at least a week to enjoy it.

Sounds more like a discourtesy car....:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom