Dodgy boot lock w210

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BAZ-500SL

Car
500sl
Ello guys right got some issues with the boot lock on my w210, basically the original boot lock got snapped off so replaced it with one from the breakers but I never got the key for it and I think it was from a older w210 mine is a 2001, now I somehow managed to get pieces from old lock and the new and fit it to the car now, the problem I have is when the central locking is engaged the boot locks along with rest if the lock but when the central locking is open it realeses all locks except the boot lock I then have to blow into the vacuum pipe to realease the boot lock but when I also operate the boot realease button on the central console it re locks the boot instead of opening it and then I have to blow in to the vaccume to open it again I am getting air coming out from the vaccume pump and there is air to the feed to the boot lock so why is this still not realeasing it, all help is appriciated thanks in advance

If the replacement lock, from the beakers, is not the same type as the original lock then you won’t be able to get this replacement lock to work, at least not in the way it was intended.

Is the replacement lock like the one in the picture below, does it have the thin uptight piece of metal, as seen just behind the screwdriver in the picture?

Picture source… Trunk Lock Frozen - diy / pic - Mercedes-Benz Forum
382599d1308714715-trunk-lock-frozen-diy-pic-lock-trunk-w210-12.jpg

The lock in the link below is an early lock and is different to the later one pictured above.
Mercedes W210 E200 500 Sedan Trunk Lock and Actuator | eBay

Dec

Hello dec yes the one I have fitted is the earlier lock, but the vacume hose connected to it wouldn't it still realease the lock or would it operated differently to the later lock that was on the car thanks

It sounds to me like you are using one halve of the later lock (the bottom “jaws” part) and one halve of an earlier lock (the upper part with the lock barrel) to make one whole lock.

It’s hard to figure out a way of working around the problem without seeing what changes you have made to the lock, what part of the original lock was damaged?

The best solution is to get the correct lock for your car.
Example… MERCEDES E CLASS W210 BOOT LOCK PA 6 GF30 | eBay

Dec

Thanks dec, yep I am using the top of the earlier lock without the wires but just the air hose connected, I think a new lock will be the cure as the earlier one didn't have the wires but the later one did lol the problem I had was the front where you press to open the boot had been snapped off

Last edited:
The one in the eBay link should work but it has no key.

Dec

Thanks dec il try that if it locks with central locking and opens via boot realease that be fine or if I could release the boot from remote that be ok to lol thanks again dec all your help was highly appriciated top man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom