Dodgy C180

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The majority of high-milears W203 are 200 CDI or C220 CDI, while most C180K on the market have relatively low mileage.

The W203 was made during the golden age of Diesel, and people who did lots of miles simply didn't buy the C180K.

The result is that a high-mileage C180K will stick-out on eBay and Autotrader like a soar thumb, the only way to shift it is by cutting the price - by a lot. Or - by clocking it...

PS - the long list of previous MOT failures is also quite impressive...

Don't be so negative; it used to be a lorry. How else explain these 2015 MoT advisories?

• Nearside Inner Rear Tyre side walls on a twin fitment are contacting each other (4.1.D.3)
  • Offside Front Tyre side walls on a twin fitment are contacting each other (4.1.D.3)
  • Offside Inner Rear Tyre side walls on a twin fitment are contacting each other (4.1.D.3)
It looks as though it has a falsified MoT certificate too; the real MoT expires in March 2020, the one that comes with the car in May 2020. Anybody think the service history will be genuine?

Mind you, it is for sale in Bradford...

I wonder if the vendor (same surname) once sold me an R129...

Last edited:
Don't be so negative; it used to be a lorry. How else explain these 2015 MoT advisories?

• Nearside Inner Rear Tyre side walls on a twin fitment are contacting each other (4.1.D.3)
  • Offside Front Tyre side walls on a twin fitment are contacting each other (4.1.D.3)
  • Offside Inner Rear Tyre side walls on a twin fitment are contacting each other (4.1.D.3)
It looks as though it has a falsified MoT certificate too; the real MoT expires in March 2020, the one that comes with the car in May 2020. Anybody think the service history will be genuine?

Mind you, it is for sale in Bradford...

I wonder if the vendor (same surname) once sold me an R129...

If you told eBay would they do anything about it?

Rhetorical............

I asked the seller to explain. He claims he has a receipt for a new engine fitted in 2018, so that's all right then. I believe every word he says.

I asked the seller to explain. He claims he has a receipt for a new engine fitted in 2018, so that's all right then. I believe every word he says.
Even if you believe the seller that the car was clocked to match the mileage on the second hand engine... he seems to ignore the fact that the rest of the car travelled to the moon and back.

I still wonder who buys a C180K then does 230,000 miles in it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom