Dodgy COMAND

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TaffH

Car
CLS55 AMG
Chaps, here's a conundrum for you.

I have a strange problem with my stereo which raises it's head every summer and disappears again when the weather cools down.

When the car has been left sitting in the sun and gets very hot the speakers go a bit crazy. They switch from side to side, they go on and off, get louder and quieter and sometimes cut out altogether.
This is all accompanied by a noise which is strangely reminiscent of air conditioning (I know it's NOT the air conditioning - it simply sounds like it). If I turn the radio off the noise continues for quite a while before fading out.
I accidentally found out that, strangely, this problem doesn't seem to show itself when I'm listening to the stereo without the engine running.

I've been told it may well be the amp (which is obscenely expensive to replace) but I would like to be sure before I look at spending that kind of money.
Olly, at PCS, has heard it and has never come across it before but I can't believe this is unique to me.

Anyone out there experienced this before or have any idea what is going on?

Thanks.

Hi
So'k mines even weirder, have got an Alpine unit fitted to my command to allow ipod integration, every now and then i lose sound from the left speaker whilst playing the ipod, if i change sources to say the radio then all fine again, it happens even if i keep the ipod source (via the tv), but change to video playback via the ipod i get the sound back straight away.

mmmm curious :dk:

Try alfie at command online

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom