Dodgy eBay seller - Buyer Beware

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I too bought a gear lever and I think it was from the same person.
However he didn't use the name Victor-mk, but all correspondence was signed by someone called Victor.

Can you tell me Victor, Is this you too ?? I just wondered if you were using 2 (or more) ebay ID's

This is what I got, I'm very pleased with it and feedback was left saying so. It doesn't quite match the rest of the interior wood but then I didn't expect it to, but there is nothing wrong with the quality.

mod2.jpg

Andy and Victor have issues let them sort it.

Who uses Ebay on here and can honestly say that what you charge for postage is just the postage costs. Very Few.

For example I charge what I see fit based in what other sellers charge for similar product. If I make a few quid then all is good.

The postage costs are clearly stated by bidding you agree with what your final price will be. There is no issue of Victors postage cost so dont make one out of it.

As for the costs of return postage that is down to individual preferences. If the big boys wish to pay for return postage thats there call. If you dont want to state it in your returns procedure.

AS for a dodgy Ebay seller. NO. A case of misuderstanding. Yes.

On that I hope you both come to a decision without leaving negative feedback.

Who left Victor Negative rep for coming onto a forum to give his side? If anything that deserves positive rep.

hmmm so my comments about dodgy

1, he's using 2 seller IDs - contravening ebays terms and conditions

2, In his own words he has admitted charging for paypal and ebay fees in his postage - against eBay terms and conditions

3, he's misrepresenting items he's selling

never mind the issues I have with him with this transaction - that's surely enough to set alarm bells ringing

Andy

Andy

Thmsshaun said:
On that I hope you both come to a decision without leaving negative feedback.

Who left Victor Negative rep for coming onto a forum to give his side? If anything that deserves positive rep.

Spot on! There seems to be a number of ebay issues every week, and rarely do we get both sides of the story. I think the fact that this issue is public isn't helping both sides.. they should resolve this in private. Good luck guys!

Dear All
Thanks a lot for taking part in the despute, on the end it is up to Andy what he will do
The gear knob that you see in the picture above was bouth from me i did use that account at the time and i do still remeber your nick kikkthecat
I think we will all agree that atlist it was an interesting despute
Regards to all
Victor_mk

This does seem rather trivial. Postage costs are stated upfront, Victor has offered a refund if the product doesnt suit and anyway it was only £24.99 or whatever it was to start with. This is hardly a significant purchase. With Victor having been decent enough to come here as well and represent himself it seems to me that he has done all he sensibly can to demonstrate his integrity. Having seen the piccie in Ray's W124 I think I might get one myself to cheer up my own W124, now where did I put my password to log onto my eBay account...

Velocette

velocette said:
This does seem rather trivial. Postage costs are stated upfront, Victor has offered a refund if the product doesnt suit and anyway it was only £24.99 or whatever it was to start with. This is hardly a significant purchase. With Victor having been decent enough to come here as well and represent himself it seems to me that he has done all he sensibly can to demonstrate his integrity. Having seen the piccie in Ray's W124 I think I might get one myself to cheer up my own W124, now where did I put my password to log onto my eBay account...

Velocette

Why don't you buy Andy's one off him? :D

No thanks, they're cheaper off that Victor chap on eBay - and you can send it back if you dont like it!

Velocette

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom