Dodgy MSN email

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stwat

MB Enthusiast
Car
1989 W126 300 SE
I've had an email suposedly from the, "MSN accouting department" re, Confirmation of billing info. The email looks nothing like any email i've had from them before(its on a blue back ground) and it wants me to click on a link to re give my billing details!! It goes like this.

Dear MSN customer,
During one of our regular automatical verification procedures we've encountered a technical problem caused by the fact that we could not verify infomation that you provided during registration. We urgently ask you to submit your info so that we could verify your identeties Otherwise accsess to MSN services for your account will be DEACTIVATED until you pass verification proccess To submit your info please you'se our secure aplication form(at this point there is a link to click on)

Thankyou for useing our services.MSN payment processing services.

What a load of shat!! For a start, i dont pay anything at all to msn for anything!! I just use the free stuff. The email just looks like its been made by a school boy(probably cos it has!!) I tried to copy/paste the email but its been encrypted somehow to stop you doing this. I have copied it word for word, with all its bad grammer and lack of punctuation.(i know mines just as bad but this is suposed to be an official email,LOL)

So if you get one of these, its a scam.

Stu

Automatical???????? :crazy: :eek:

We get some quality ones from so-called 'Ebay', the grammar and spelling is laughable... letters missing, commas where they shouldn't be, bits added on to the ends of words etc .

If they were serious about ripping you off you would think that they would learn to spell first ! :D

Idiots :rolleyes:

Have you reported the e-mail to MSN, as some people are going to fall for this scam.

Tan said:
Have you reported the e-mail to MSN, as some people are going to fall for this scam.

Errm. No!

How do i report it to them?

Thanks,

Stu

stwat said:
Errm. No!

How do i report it to them?

Thanks,

Stu
Forward a copy of your said dodgy email with a short explanation to [email protected]

All ISP's have an email address dedicated to receiving reports of abuse from their domains, e.g. if the email had come from a hotmail account then you would report offenders to [email protected] :)

Try it :) It's worked for me.

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom