Does a deep scratch past paint layer mean panel needs complete respray

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TonyE280

Car
E280cdi Avantgarde
Discovered car has a deep scratch through to metal on car about 40mm long less than 1mm wide to the lower offside rear door. Anyone got experience of whether these scratches can be repaired without necessarily having the whole lower door panel resprayed by some of the smart repair agents out there. Better still can anyone recommend someone that can do a good repair in Southampton area.

Many thanks

Hi, doesn't need full panel respray, try firms such as "chips away", they'll come out to your home/work and do it, excellent finish. I am sure theres other firms other members could recommend once this thread is found.

A friend used chips away on his classic sl with excellent results, could not see the repair.

Sorry but I dont. Had been some time since my neighbour used them. A local panel repair shop/resprayers may also be able to help but would require leaving the car with them for a day or two. Unfortunately I am in North Yorkshire so cannot recommend anyone personally.

OP says this scratch is down to the metal though.

With mobile firms; u pays your monies; you takes your chances.
Extensive coverage in this forum about such firms; results vary with experience of the individual that turns up to do the job... The good, the bad n the ugly...

have it done properly at an indy bodyshop no more than £100 inc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom