Does anyone find the w209 clk a bit fragile

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jas johal

Car
CLK 270 CDI
Since 2007 I have spent nearly £10,000 on my clk 270 cdi but this includes everything from tyres to servicing etc(excluding purchase price). I bought the car from the main dealers and has always been serviced at the main dealers. Also I bought it with 50k on the clock it's now done 125k.
So I just wanted to know how do other owners get on with their w209 clk.
And I do love my clk it is the best car I've ever owned I've always been a BMW man but now at 28 I think Mercedes are better.

Mine has been great. Its only a 200k auto though but high spec - leather, comand, cd changer, phone, electric memory seats, xenons, luxury climate etc. Only non scheduled item in 8 years has been a new airbag module. Otherwise totally trouble free. Intend to keep it for many more years.

I've had my for 4 and a half years the longest I've ever kept a car and I still dont want to sell it but a growing family is pushing me towards an e-class.

Only weakness I saw was front suspension, bushes going and knackering the arms. Oh and lower ball joints went.

Water pump developed a leak but other than that no other problems.

Lol I've had the water pump just done and the camber arms and bushes need doing now also glow plugs but they can wait.

GP801 said:
Mine has been great. Its only a 200k auto though but high spec - leather, comand, cd changer, phone, electric memory seats, xenons, luxury climate etc. Only non scheduled item in 8 years has been a new airbag module. Otherwise totally trouble free. Intend to keep it for many more years.

My clk got everything except electric seats. My x5 had them I do miss them, it helps when u have 3 drivers in the family.

I have to say yes I do think the Mercedes w209 is very temperamental(fragile)

I certainly think its a more fragile car than the W208 but overall I wouldn't say it was anymore fragile than a 203 or 211.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom