Does anyone have an old CL 63/65 216 series front disc.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIRMA

MB Enthusiast
Car
Lexus RCF
I have contacted Tarox who were the company who made the very high quality bespoke discs for my Phaeton that lasted forever. They do not at this moment in time have it in their range but would require an old one.
If anyone has an old one for me to send to them let me know.

Maybe try MSL
Thanks I'll try. Here is an example of the bespoke discs I bought from Tarox for my Phaeton.
SAM_0292.jpg

SAM_0296.jpg

Last edited:
They look amazing, I wonder if they are the same as Continental GT fitment!

May well be as they use the same chassis. I can recommend them unreservedly, on the big engined Phaetons disc wear and warping is a big issue. I fitted these four years ago and according to my mechanic chap there's not even 10% of wear and never a hint of warping. They do the complete set plus pads and fluids worth every penny.

May well be as they use the same chassis. I can recommend them unreservedly, on the big engined Phaetons disc wear and warping is a big issue. I fitted these four years ago and according to my mechanic chap there's not even 10% of wear and never a hint of warping. They do the complete set plus pads and fluids worth every penny.
Any idea of approx price? MB quoted me £1700 for front discs and pads for mine.

Any idea of approx price? MB quoted me £1700 for front discs and pads for mine.

Not sure what Tarox would charge, if I can get hold of an old disc and send them one I'll get an idea. Need a rear too in time. One thing is for sure a bit of competition is a good thing and Tarox are a well known product having been involved with the Paris Dakar for ages.

Tarox will be expensive I used them on my Jeep and it was about £400 a pair (Front & back) I don't think they lasted any longer than normal.. I ended up using Brembo as a replacement slightly cheaper but equally as good... and they were Cross drilled and grooved..

P.S Jeep are over 300mm Diameter and bleedin' heavy..

Question: Would I be right on thinking the Phaeton discs were the same as early A8's (MK1s possibly MK2's) as it was the precursor to them..

Not sure but they certainly shared the same chassis as the Bentley. I doubt very much that the discs you bought were the bespoke range judging by the price you paid.

On a slightly different note I've just bought the set of discs for the 216 CL65 on e-bay for £750 a bargain I think.
On the subject of Tarox bespoke I took this form their web site.
The ‘Bespoke’ way…
These discs are part of our special ‘Bespoke’ range which we have compiled to provide a performance solution for vehicles for which parts aren’t easily obtainable. Vehicles such as classic sports marques or modern high performance cars whose drivers seek higher levels of performance from their brake setup. All discs in the ‘Bespoke’ range are individually CNC machined from a solid piece of steel billet – they are never made in a cast. Once the billet has been machined to the required size it is heat treated and then cooled to unify the structure of the steel and improve strength and durability. This keeps the disc more stable at extreme temperatures. Characteristics such as warping, cracking, fade and knock off are all massively reduced. The longevity of the disc and pad are both extended dramatically. The toughened disc is then grooved and/or drilled as required and finally finished by hand. Each disc is manually ground to a tolerance approaching 0.015mm creating a perfectly level surface to ensure that the discs will run true. In the case of a two-piece disc, the billet rotor is then mated to a CNC machined alloy bell which has been hard anodized for protection from the elements.

The Ultimate Tensile Strength (UTS) for these discs is rated at 57kg per square mm. To put this figure into perspective, the standard for racing spec discs is usually 38kg per square mm and the CEE standard UTS is 25kg per square mm.

If you have any questions about the ‘Bespoke’ range, please feel free to contact a member of our team with your query.

main-bespoke-performance-5-150x150.jpg

main-bespoke-performance-6-150x150.jpg

bespoke-banner.jpg

Last edited:
Question: Would I be right on thinking the Phaeton discs were the same as early A8's (MK1s possibly MK2's) as it was the precursor to them..

Parts commonality for Phaeton/Bentley is with the Mk3/4E. Biggest discs on that are 360x34 & 385x36 for sliding calipers, or 380x38 if you have the 6pot Brembos.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom