Does anyone know how to locate a car they used to own ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercmush

Car
w222 S500e PHEV 2014
Hello everyone
Does anyone here know how to locate a car that one used to own ? When I went to the DVLA website it gave some details for my first ever Benz: a 1984
500SEC reg A931KFP.

I'm amazed that anything came up as it returned a blank search for another old Benz of mine that was in far better condition when it left me ( a 1988 560SEL reg F48NVU ). Places like Tesco insurance also bring up the details of my old SEC. Does this mean that it could realistically still be on the road ? All comments gratefully received :thumb:

Hello everyone
Does anyone here know how to locate a car that one used to own ? When I went to the DVLA website it gave some details for my first ever Benz: a 1984
500SEC reg A931KFP.

I'm amazed that anything came up as it returned a blank search for another old Benz of mine that was in far better condition when it left me ( a 1988 560SEL reg F48NVU ). Places like Tesco insurance also bring up the details of my old SEC. Does this mean that it could realistically still be on the road ? All comments gratefully received :thumb:

The key thing is that the date of liability is stated as "01 06 2012" and "SORN not due". In other words, it's SORN'd until the end of May next year, which means it's being stored off the road.

The DVLA will only release car ownership details (past and present) to the current registered keeper and other authorised bodies, so they went tell you who owns it now. But at least you know it's survived. :)

She looks a bit like my cleaner ... :D

No , she does it out of the goodness of her heart .

I note the lack of "reported" posts :thumb:.

You've met her haven't you ?

The second one looks a bit like Caroline Aherne

Upstairs, not downstairs I'll have you know :D

Last edited:
Think my mrs' phones been hacked :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom