Does anyone know of cars with heated seat switches on actual seat ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poormansporsche

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W209
alright good peoples.

I would like to retrofit a new drivers seat for my van. Its going to be a pain to wire up console mounted heated seat controls so does anyone know or come across of a seat that has the switches mounted to the actual seat? Preferable with flatish runners would be good ?

Cheers

PMP

I can't offer you a possible seat that suits as the ones I have experience of use the canbus to control the heat levels / timers.

The earlier (ML163 ) use a 12 volt supply, and the seat relays switch between parallel and series (of the 2 heat pads) to alternate from hi to lo.
The later models use 12 volts dropping to 5 volts, on the 2 stage at least.

I fitted 163's to a Vito w/o much hassle, and they were comfortable. I suppose it would be possible to supply the 12 volts to those and install switches/s onto the seat.
Also they were electric with memory and worked well as all controls were within the seat.

I have connection details if you have use.

Also I have 2x 2 tone grey Viano seats with heaters if they are of interest.

There are plenty of aftermarket heated seat-covers that work off the cigarette lighter socket (I bought one for the wife's car - £14.99 from Costco).

But I don't think that MB ever did a heated seat where the switch is on the seat itself?

So if you want the heater elements integrated into the seat, then you will need to either find an aftermarket seat, or alternatively retrofit the original MB heated front seats option (which is what I have done to the W204, fitted by www.comandonline.co.uk).

The latter consists of original heating pads that are inserted into the seat, a new lower dash switch console, and SCN coding. It works a treat....

Cheers for replies. I was thinking something completely different from a different manufacturer and more sporty. My daily hack car a mitsubishi has seat mounted switches but not really taken by the seats. My other van I bunged a seat in from a Saab 93 which is very comfortable but never could get the heating to work.

Cheers for replies. I was thinking something completely different from a different manufacturer and more sporty. My daily hack car a mitsubishi has seat mounted switches but not really taken by the seats. My other van I bunged a seat in from a Saab 93 which is very comfortable but never could get the heating to work.

It might still be possible to insert heating pads into the new seat (original MB pads, or aftermarket), and retrofit the original MB switch panel in the dash.

Maserati Quattroporte seats have the heaters with on the side of the seat.

Maserati Quattroporte seats have the heaters with on the side of the seat.

That's the ticket :) Probably worth more than my van though.

Although I'm always up for something outrageous !

Probably wouldn't be able to hide the mazza embossing from the wife though !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom