Does Anyone Know This C36 AMG?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AdrianTurner

Car
VW
I bought this C36AMG in April 1996 - Ruby Red, black leather interior, registration number N474SAY. It was a fabulous car, though I sold it in 1997 to a garage in Bournemouth.

Does anyone know what became of this car?

tradedinfortheGT.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Adrian and welcome to the forum.Not many in that color but I do remember one not long ago that was in Birmingham for sale and it did look in very bad state
Nothing comes under that number plate

Base price was £42,970

Hi Adrian and welcome to the forum.Not many in that color but I do remember one not long ago that was in Birmingham for sale and it did look in very bad state
Nothing comes under that number plate

Is on records -but not DVLA - suggests possible private plate transfer

Registration:N474SAYMake:MERCEDESModel:C CLASS (4 DOOR SALOON)Colour:RED

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments so far . . . I bought the car from a Merc dealer in Leicester called Evans. It had been a demo car for two months, had 4800 miles on the clock and cost £44395.00. It had a few extras, like a sunroof, and some other stuff.

The chassis number was 202028 2F 338 411.

Anyway, I have really fond memories of the car - it was the first of three AMGs I have owned - and have always wondered what became of it.

Anyway, I have really fond memories of the car - it was the first of three AMGs I have owned - and have always wondered what became of it.

You've owned three AMGs and you're now driving a VW?

Just one question; Where did it all go wrong?:)

You've owned three AMGs and you're now driving a VW?

Just one question; Where did it all go wrong?:)

Well, Sweetpea, from the C36 to a Maserati Ghibli, then a SLK32AMG (awful), then a one-year-old SL55AMG (fabulous), a Jag XKR (luxo-barge). Then I thought, I'm putting on a few years, maybe downsize a bit. Where I live the country lanes are narrow and muddy, then there's the cost of petrol, the depreciation, the servicing and warranty costs, etc etc. So I bought a brand-new VW Golf R and, I have to say, it's absolutely brilliant: Comfy. Roomy. Amazing grip. Very fast. You can park it. Pleasingly discreet. 35mpg on a good day. In a word: sensible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom