Does anyone know this car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gramey

Car
2003 R230 SL350 Tellurium silver
I was trawling through ebay as is my wont when I'm bored and I saw this car advertised. Advertised as ' a peach of a car' but I'm not so sure. The first thing I noticed, trivial I know, was that someone has tastelessly painted the headlamp wipers? The next thing is they look like cheap replica wheels and lastly a quick MOT history check shows it failed it's MOT just yesterday, 14/07/2017, and the history itself only goes back to 2016.

Just curious as to whether anyone on the forum knows the car and others views on it?

Mercedes-Benz SL 500 CONVERTIBLE | eBay

Try E1 RHA in the MOT history, chequered to say the least. I'd stay clear unless you can negotiate a healthy chunk off the asking price to allow for putting the car right.

The first thing I noticed, trivial I know, was that someone has tastelessly painted the headlamp wipers? The next thing is they look like cheap replica wheels

Yes the wheels are replicas, and one of those headlamp wipers is parked at a very odd angle! There's some wear/damage to the driver's seat too (but then it has done 106k miles).

Why would the seller put photos on the listing showing fag-ends etc on the carpets?

If you go to the dealer's ebay site and look at some of the other cars for sale, you will see more examples of unimpressive interiors (either poorly prepared or clutter on view - not to mention the dog)?

He is appealing to his target market! Dog owning smokers who are not OCD

He is appealing to his target market! Dog owning smokers who are not OCD

Which reminds me. I was planning to polish and wax two of my new rims today but was told that instead of that I'd been volunteered to walk my neighbours' dog instead.

On the upside we're taking him to the local park so the little fecker isn't tearing up the pale leather in my car (last time we took him somewhere in the car I tried to get the little sod to stay in the boot but he obviously gets to trash the interior of their car and therefore expects to be able to do the same in mine grrr...)

On the other hand as soon as he sees the grass in the park his little **** goes into spasm and I get to pick up some pretty revolting ****.

Can't wait.

Maybe I should also take up smoking to complete the look.

Which reminds me. I was planning to polish and wax two of my new rims today but was told that instead of that I'd been volunteered to walk my neighbours' dog instead.

On the upside we're taking him to the local park so the little fecker isn't tearing up the pale leather in my car (last time we took him somewhere in the car I tried to get the little sod to stay in the boot but he obviously gets to trash the interior of their car and therefore expects to be able to do the same in mine grrr...)

On the other hand as soon as he sees the grass in the park his little **** goes into spasm and I get to pick up some pretty revolting ****.

Can't wait.

Maybe I should also take up smoking to complete the look.

Try introducing him to a much larger dog in the park,who knows you might only have to transport a collar back home:rolleyes:

Try E1 RHA in the MOT history, chequered to say the least. I'd stay clear unless you can negotiate a healthy chunk off the asking price to allow for putting the car right.

I did a check as suggested and as you say it doesn't instill a great deal of confidence that the car has been looked after very well.

I wasn't think of buying it I just happened across whilst browsing on ebay, TBH I didn't realize the seller was still in business. A few years ago I looked at an Aston Martin V8 they had for sale. Lots of alarm bells rang and I walked away.

Try introducing him to a much larger dog in the park,who knows you might only have to transport a collar back home:rolleyes:

He has a habit of attacking larger dogs with no warning. Then I have to explain that he's not mine and I don't know what I'm doing whilst trying to clear up yet another dogs egg and trying not to vom.

Don't think I'm cut out for this dog thing.

Edit; he didn't actually attack any other dogs today but did lay a selection of dogs eggs - the first batch was hard boiled and although I felt pretty grim picking the three lumps of stuff up I didn't gag too much. The second lot, though, was more omlette and was totally rank.

How DO you dog owners manage to do this day in day in day out?

Last edited:
He has a habit of attacking larger dogs with no warning. Then I have to explain that he's not mine and I don't know what I'm doing whilst trying to clear up yet another dogs egg and trying not to vom.

Edit; he didn't actually attack any other dogs today but did lay a selection of dogs eggs - the first batch was hard boiled and although I felt pretty grim picking the three lumps of stuff up I didn't gag too much. The second lot, though, was more omlette and was totally rank.

I lost my dear old GSD this time last year but he was no trouble at all, I got him at three years old from the police and he was so well trained he would do one or the other on command. I kid you not, they're trained to so that they don't have the urge to do it in the back of the police car on a long shift. As for the omlette situation that was cured by getting him off the mid range stuff the police fed him and putting him on a quality grain free food, happy days. :)

You can buy plastic bags on eBay to use....:D

I love this forum! A thread about a rather dubious SL500 ends up discussing dog poop....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom