Does anyone know this CLK?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't know it, but could you get one with a few more options for that money? - For example, Parktronic (although it appears to have the display, there's no button by the gear lever to mute it, and there are no sensors in the bumpers) which is very useful in my experience.

I agree it looks in good condition, and has done only ~6,000 miles a year.

Just right on options, less to go wrong. Could with command and 1K discount.

I don't know it, but could you get one with a few more options for that money? - For example, Parktronic (although it appears to have the display, there's no button by the gear lever to mute it, and there are no sensors in the bumpers) which is very useful in my experience.

I agree it looks in good condition, and has done only ~6,000 miles a year.
Yes I don't think it has Parktronic, although it does have front and rear PDC. There are quite a few Parktronic control units on eBay, is it a big job to get it retro fitted?

Just right on options, less to go wrong. Could with command and 1K discount.
I thought so. Could do with sat nav, but I was thinking of either retro fitting a factory sat nav unit, or get a double din installed (not sure if the latter would look rubbish though, subject to whether the edges are slightly curved on the original sat nav unit).

It's for the missus and she's got a thing for the ivory leather, which they are few and far between really. The low mileage warrants the premium in price too I reckon, genuine 56.5k miles.

Yes I don't think it has Parktronic, although it does have front and rear PDC. There are quite a few Parktronic control units on eBay, is it a big job to get it retro fitted?

Pardon my ignorance, but whats the difference between parktronic and PDC?? As I was under the impression it was the same thing?
It definitely does have sensors in the bumpers BTW.
FWIW I think its about right for the money from a trader, paid that for an 09 plate approx 18 months ago, for one with 115k, 1 owner immaculate condition, with a FMBSH, privately.

Here's its datacard.

Its not too bad on spec, its has cornering bi-xenons, multicontour heated seats, parktronic and, rarest of all, the cupholder.

PD think the pdc switch is on the upper control panel, not by the gearlever.

Attachments

• 209308.pdf
    157.4 KB · Views: 4
Here's its datacard.

Its not too bad on spec, its has cornering bi-xenons, multicontour heated seats, parktronic and, rarest of all, the cupholder.

PD think the pdc switch is on the upper control panel, not by the gearlever.
Nice one, thank you very much! Didn't even realise it had Parktronic, bonus! :)

Pardon my ignorance, but whats the difference between parktronic and PDC?? As I was under the impression it was the same thing?
FWIW I think its about right for the money from a trader, paid that for an 09 plate approx 18 months ago, for one with 115k, 1 owner immaculate condition, with a FMBSH, privately.
Tbh I didn't realise there was a difference either, I specifically filtered out cars that didn't come with front and rear PDC when I commenced my search for these cars not even factoring in Parktronic, looks like it has it though as per the data card provided by Codger49 :thumb:!

Ivory Leather really sets the inside off, that's one classy interior, good taste your missus has, I must admit I'm not a fan of what I call VW golf all black (albeit leather ) interiors Nice Car 2 more pots and petrol would have made it even nicer

“Parktronic” is Mercedes’ name for BMW’s similar “PDC” (Park Distance Control). They’re both ultrasonic measuring systems for guidance as to the distance of obstacles when parking, giving visual and/or audible warnings when getting closer. Parktronic is no more than this and shouldn’t be confused with other parking aids such as “Active Parking Assist”.

Will hopefully pick it up tomorrow so will post up some pics.

What are my best options as regards mobile phone integration? As per the data card provided by Codger49 it does have the following: 354 ANTENNA FOR TELEPHONE D/E-NET 386 MOBILE PRE.-INSTALLATION (MTUS).

ViseeO/Parrot unit, or are there other, more clever/cheap alternatives?

You don't need parktronic on a CLK, it's not a big car & easy to park. Same goes for Comand - it would be hopelessly out of date so you're better off with an aftermarket job. Main thing is the interior is lovely and the seats are heated! It's a 646(?) engine so that should be bomb proof as long as you watch out for injector leaks.

Hi edstrom76,

As a very new CLK owner (same colour combo as yours!) I went through the mobile phone integration dilemma; in the end I grabbed a mercedes bluetooth unit (model B6787 6168 in case you're interested) off eBay for just over £100 and I'm pleased to say it works very well for me.

Mine did come with Comand, but as per horatio's comment it's pretty crap imho so wouldn't sweat not having it.

Quick update, the wife has now had the car for a couple of weeks and she absolutely loves it.

She's not had a car of her own for years and it is nice to see her gaining a bit of freedom back (she used to have to rely on my car or her parents).

More pictures here: W209 - Google Drive

View media item 7636

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom