Does anyone know this CLS63?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nickster

Car
Hopefully E63!
Evening folks,
As the title suggests..... Does anyone recognise this reg please:
CV15OFE
It's a shooting brake CLS63 in Hyacinth Red, looks to come from the Swansea area judging by the dealership SH.
Question is also this...... it's currently on at Manheim auction site..... has anyone ever bought at auction? What was your experience?
Do vehicles go at a much reduced price?
I saw an E63 estate on the same auction company site about a month ago....it's now on AT at MB Plymouth for £38k!

People's thoughts would be appreciated...

Thanks

Yes I've looked at the grading and the photos. Grading seems to refer to number of panels affected and i suppose the question one has to ask is why at £35k+ car wasn't repaired properly??
BUT if the hammer dropped at £20k ish, factor in 5k for repairs then would have one hell of a motor.
The one on eBay is nice but no sunroof, vented seats and with black seats would be very dark I think .

Yes I've looked at the grading and the photos. Grading seems to refer to number of panels affected and i suppose the question one has to ask is why at £35k+ car wasn't repaired properly??
BUT if the hammer dropped at £20k ish, factor in 5k for repairs then would have one hell of a motor.
Forgive me if I’ve misread your post but are you suggesting that a 2015 CLS 63 S AMG with 24k miles on will sell for £20k on an auction that is open to the general public?

Reactions: Abb
Possibly wishful thinking / inexperience no doubt but I have no yard stick to judge against as I've never been to an auction. Hence my original request as to whether anyone has any experience of buying at auction and whether they found vehicles sold at a much reduced price. If few people are there for that vehicle then perhaps the price will not rise too high. Are there reserve prices set?

Judging by the nearest one on AT (16 plate with 16k miles for £45k) the one you’ve posted in the link will end up mid £30k’s after fees at an educated guess leaving roughly 20% margin.

Possibly wishful thinking / inexperience no doubt but I have no yard stick to judge against as I've never been to an auction. Hence my original request as to whether anyone has any experience of buying at auction and whether they found vehicles sold at a much reduced price. If few people are there for that vehicle then perhaps the price will not rise too high. Are there reserve prices set?
OP, it's ben a while since I have bought at auction but I would suggest a first timer bidding on a MB CLS63 AMG might be a daunting prospect. But on the other hand it depends who is in the room on the day, it could be a bargain.

Just set yourself a maximum price ( including charges ) you might be lucky, as long as you do not let yourself get carried away with the excitement and return with a BMW

I'm going to make some enquiries with the auction house and see if they have any further details on the history or whether it's an insurance write off of some classification (though entry states Mercedes Benz Cars UK Ltd so would it be some sort of company/lease car?)
Hmm, yes it would be a bit daunting.... I can count the wheels, doors and engine !!!

I'm going to make some enquiries with the auction house and see if they have any further details on the history or whether it's an insurance write off of some classification (though entry states Mercedes Benz Cars UK Ltd so would it be some sort of company/lease car?)
Hmm, yes it would be a bit daunting.... I can count the wheels, doors and engine !!!

If you are interested, the datacard showing the options fitted for the car CV15 OFE is below.

Mercedes-Benz VIN Decoder

Thanks AMGeed, much appreciated.
It's exactly the car I'm after but ideally not from an auction!! Obviously very worried that no come back and could be buying into big problems. Would a MB warranty scheme still be available to a car bought through auction if SH is up to date which it appears to be?

Yes you can get a warranty on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom