Does anyone know where I can get empty beer kegs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They look good but I will need a very large van to pick one up. I think a fellow member will be sorting me some out soon :thumb:

Oh and I've found a very simple way to remove the complete valve from the keg in order to fill it with water.

If that weighs 60 kilos empty, it will weight 267 filled with water, surely hernia time if you tried to pick it up?

ref kegs

If that weighs 60 kilos empty, it will weight 267 filled with water, surely hernia time if you tried to pick it up?

hi mate you just need a large pipe wrench to unscrew the valve in the centre just undoe it very slowly and the keg will lose its pressure just dont put your head over the top when your undoeing it because it will take your head off

Beer kegs are about the 1 thing no scrap yard will ever touch, they'll happily buy stolen roadsigns, man hole covers and lead off church roofs from the pikeys, but never kegs...

They do but cut them up straight away as they know they belong to the supplying brewery.
Every keg is marked with the brewery colours and plate and the police are fairly hot on checking yards for kegs.

Back to the O/p: Buy scrap kegs from a keg trader or local brewery and get a receipt. That way you avoid prosecution for keg theft.

How many do you want?

Now this may seem like a silly question. I'd like to know where to buy or get a hold of some empty beer kegs (the metal type). The reason? Well like you see on different strongman events, I just want to get a couple to do some strongman type carrying training by loading them to a preset weight (working up to 100kg).

I know of companies that sell everything else but not these.

Help much appreciated :thumb:

An 'Aquaroll' from a caravan dealer will do the job just the same - ours is an old metal one , new ones are plastic , but do the same job .

Why hernia time? I have deadlifted 220kg in the past, I am currently working towards lifting 240-250kg by next year. I wouldnt immediately pick up over 120kg barrel, I would work up to it.

They do but cut them up straight away as they know they belong to the supplying brewery.
Every keg is marked with the brewery colours and plate and the police are fairly hot on checking yards for kegs.

Back to the O/p: Buy scrap kegs from a keg trader or local brewery and get a receipt. That way you avoid prosecution for keg theft.

How many do you want?

I need 4 kegs which will be filled to varying weight.

Unfortunately all very much empty but pressurised and so used a screw driver to release the pressure by pushing the valve down. Will be filled with water to make them up to around 50kg each for me to do some strenuous strongman training. :thumb:

Party? Well next month I'll see what I can do ;)

Unfortunately all very much empty but pressurised and so used a screw driver to release the pressure by pushing the valve down. Will be filled with water to make them up to around 50kg each for me to do some strenuous strongman training. :thumb:

Party? Well next month I'll see what I can do ;)
you could have had full ones for £50 each if you had asked

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom