Does anyone meet in essex (southend maybe)??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JonathanC250

Car
2005 W203 C320 CDI
Hi I am a new member,

i am just wondering if anyone meets in essex?? Possibly southend?

please let me know if anyone would be intrested in this or if i have missed one, when i just looked on the page!

Jon

I'm not far from southend, i trundle up to an american/custom car meet at the B52 diner on southend airport when the weathers nice, usually tuesdays evenings and sunday afternoons, but it does die off a bit in the winter, and of course depending what you drive or what your interested in it may not be your cup of tea.

The Halfway house at the a127/a128 (Brentwood) junction also plays host to several car meets during the month.

I dunno about any Mercedes specific events though, i tend to fit in all over the place with my modified old Benz's

im in the braintree/chelmfsord area il be up for it i just bought me a new W210 E240 2.6 V6.. the c180 is up for sale

Im in essex so would attend if numbers are good:bannana:

sound good to me, count me in!

Me too....

Brazilian Greetings!
count me in too! so hard to find SLKs around Essex... mine is waiting to enjoy the sunshine (somewhere else!?!)
Cathia

not sure if there is any more progress on this thread???
a gtg would be good :)

where in essex are you? from another MB based forum we meet up at runwell

ok, sounds like a southend meet coming together then? time place...?c`mon im sure something can come of this :)

well why not join the guys at the other forum in Runwell ?
(btw I am in Harlow Sunday lol)

19th July address as below (we get a field closed off for our private access)
There is a Bar, and hot food :)

Runwell Hospital Sports & Social Club Runwell Hospital
The Chase
Runwell
Wickford
Essex
SS11 7XX

Last edited:
I will see if I can get the new management on the 190 in time - might be the shove I need.

Total rewire of engine bay and DTA management need fitting and mapping before the turbos can go on :(

I live in Basildon, cannot make it the 19th July :(, will be on holiday but please please count me in with my SLK for any gtg in Essex!!!:) have a great time guys!

well why not join the guys at the other forum in Runwell ?
(btw I am in Harlow Sunday lol)

19th July address as below (we get a field closed off for our private access)
There is a Bar, and hot food :)

Runwell Hospital Sports & Social Club Runwell Hospital
The Chase
Runwell
Wickford
Essex
SS11 7XX

I live in Basildon, cannot make it the 19th July :(, will be on holiday but please please count me in with my SLK for any gtg in Essex!!!:) have a great time guys!

Will bear that in mind next time. have a great holiday :)

Oh, we also have a female contingent, well one or two

how about this venue for a southend'ish GTG?

Shoeburyness East beach just outside Southend on Sea

It's about 10mins out of southend on sea.
Large field for parking, beach and toilets too.

BBQ's are allowed. Disposable BBQ and something to throw on!
would need to bring some drinks and food with you.
Asda's is 5 mins down the road.

The venue is approx 45 mins away from Junction 29 of the M25.

Directions: -
Head into Southend along the A127. Take care of the new 50 mph speed limit and average speed cameras. Once you get to the 40 mph speed limit on the A127 you're about 15 to 20 mins away from the venue depending on traffic.

Tescos roundabout on the A127 go straight across (3rd exit)

Straight across the traffic lights with The Bell Pub on the left. About 1/4 mile past The Bell, at the very end of the A127, there is a roundabout. From there simply follow sign posts to 'seafront'

Once you get to the seafront turn left and head east along Eastern Esplanade.

Go past a large Harvester pub / restaurant on the left hand side

Approximately 1/2 mile past the Harvester at the pedestrian crossing turn right into Campfield Road

Follow Campfield road to the very end and turn left at the T junction then turn immediate right into George Street.

At the end of George Street turn left and head through the barriers.
You're now on East Beach. Park up somewhere on the field to your left.

So the affair, add your name to the list if you're interested,
or have any options/ideas we could bounce around with :)
Meet to start say.... at 10.00 am 11th July 09

1. Simon

A little late!!

Hi everybody who replied to this,

I'm very sorry for not going through with this, i started this thread and then could never find it again! I was new to the site, and was getting used to using it!

If anyone still fancies doing this, possibly when the weather is a little nicer, please get back to me.

Although i may not be able to bring my car, as i have been told not to drive as i something happened to me new years day and as a result have been left blind in one eye. If by the time the meet takes place i have adjusted to seeing with one eye then of course i will be in it, if not, then I'll get there somehow!

Hope everyone is ok, and still has their cars!

we have an essex meet coming up at the other forum if your interested.

Essex gtg Saturday 26th February
All welcome at the The Jobbers Rest Pub, Upminster, Essex on Saturday 26th February - 12pm onwards. We have booked the rear car park of the pub so will have our own designated parking. A lovely pub, good atmosphere and good food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom