does anyone on here own a G-Wagon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davethemus

Car
mercedes c280 1999
I'm thinking of getting rid of my 202 and buying a G-Wagon so i figured i would look through the albums to see if anyone owned one, couldn't find any, hence the title.
:D

No , but you might find some members have G Wagen .

Bear , I think , has a couple and there are a few others . I've never driven one but have been a passenger in them a few times .

There are a lot of rusty ones at the cheaper end of the market - expect to pay a lot for a good rust-free one .

I also cringe when I see people advertising used VolkswagOns .

A good friend of mine has one,which she has owned from new.

They are very good cars,but beware of the costs of running one. Some of the service bills she has had to pay were truly huge. As I said,she has owned it from new, and she only does a tiny mileage and she has never had any big problems with it,just routine stuff.

Mike.

id love one every one i see are like 5 - 6 years old but still demanding near 30k for them. lovely car.

I once owned a 1989 280GEL and loved it, 15mpg everywhere, motorways, side roads, in town, no difference. The diesels fare a little better, but still in the lowish 20's I think. I have not looked at the newer ones as many of them are left hookers. Bought my G in 1999 ish for about £15k, good versions are stll fetching around the £7-8k mark. I would like a 300GDL auto, but almost as rare as rocking horse droppings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom