Does anyone recognise this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wongl

MB Enthusiast
Car
A180CDI, B200d, C300h, SLK250
I am trying to locate the correct part number to replace a front centre parking sensor on a 2006 A-Class W169. The sensors looks very professionally fitted, but I don't think it is factory fitted as a search on the EPC does not reveal the parking sensor as a valid item for this VIN number.

It is an audio only parkings system without the visual indicators (buzzer fitted to the passenger side of the footwell). I cannot see a part number on the outter sensor I removed (see photos) and it has only two pins.

Could this be something fitted by the dealers? Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Here are 3 more photos of the bumper to clarify the parking sensors I have.

This is clearly different from the facelift parking sensors.

Last edited:
And here is a photo of the buzzer in the passenger footwell.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Last edited:
You have a aftermarket system... Unless you can find the exact brand and model you are better off buying a new kit from eBay.

Last edited:
Should be a control module mounted somewhere, which probably has the makers name on it. Can you trace the wires from the sensors? Possibly in the boot behind the trim.

Unfortunately I have been unsuccessful in locating the control module (without ripping everything out to locate it). But while scouring eBay for parking sensors last night looking for a visual match, I think the Laserline parking sensors looks very similar albeit in a different colour. A further search on Google images for 'Laserline sensors' revealed some images that more closely match mine.

The EPS4006FD looks particularly similar Laserline Parking Sensors (4 front with audible alert) EPS4006FD

I am getting in touch with a Laserline dealer to see if they can identify the correct sensor from the photos I have taken of mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom