Does anyone remember Village conversions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Madferrit

Car
'06 B150SE, '99 E220 CDi, A160, Ferrari Mondial and a Smartee! Now Sold: G300 LWB (sadly missed)
Back in 1985 when I was a little bit younger and had a fascination with BMW's (god only knows why), i always used to turn my nose up to Mercs. For me, they were an 'old mans car' and there was no way i could have liked them.

Then I remember buying a car mag and seeing an advert for a company called Village. From memory they were based around NW London somewhere and their specialty was converting 190E's to have a front end like a SEC.

I guess this was the turning point when i started like a proper marque, and to top it off, there were 2 brothers who lived around the corner from me, and one year they each bought one of these conversions.. one in black, and the other in blue. :bannana: :bannana:

Anyone else remember them? and what on earth happened to the company?

Village if i remember rightly were based in Wembley just off the North Circ ...

Or was that Rudemercs.....

Village used to have their own badges made in chrome just like the proper AMG ones of the day......

Howard said:
Village if i remember rightly were based in Wembley just off the North Circ ...

Or was that Rudemercs.....

Village used to have their own badges made in chrome just like the proper AMG ones of the day......

Rudemercs (& Rude Bimmers) were based in East London, Bow / Hackney

Must have been Village then.......

had some nice cars IIRC .....

I think they had quite a cult following, and gave a nice distint finish to the 190E. I'm trying to find a pic of their cars somewhere on the web.. no luck yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom