Does my car have SPS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vanbursta

Car
2013 E250 CDI Blueefficiency
Can someone please tell me if my car has SPS, the steering is heavy at rest and seems very "twitchy" at speed, I have had a new rack, steering pump and track rod ends fitted and 4 wheel alignment checked twice at different garages, there is no play anywhere and the car has new tyres (Hankook K117 as recommended by Merc).
Vin is WDD2120022A617161 - thanks

Are these symptoms from before the new rack or after?

Can someone please tell me if my car has SPS, the steering is heavy at rest and seems very "twitchy" at speed, I have had a new rack, steering pump and track rod ends fitted and 4 wheel alignment checked twice at different garages, there is no play anywhere and the car has new tyres (Hankook K117 as recommended by Merc).
Vin is WDD2120022A617161 - thanks
I can’t answer your question regarding SPS but did Mercedes recommend this tyre to resolve the issue you’ve described?

Did the symptoms start before or after fitting the tyres you mentioned?

Are these symptoms from before the new rack or after?
They started BEFORE the new rack (that's the reason for the rack) I have also had the Power Steering Pump renewed - this the same stiff steering. There is no tightness in the strut top mounts, nor any of the balljoints or track rod ends, with the rack disconnected everything is free, but it is stiff when the engine is running and everything is connected, I have even replaced tyres and it has made no difference. The only common denominator is that the 2 front tyres were originally a Goodyear and a Hankook, all 4 tyres are now Hankook Ventus S1 Evo2

I can’t answer your question regarding SPS but did Mercedes recommend this tyre to resolve the issue you’ve described?

Did the symptoms start before or after fitting the tyres you mentioned?
No Mercedes didn't recommend it, but it IS a Mercedes Benz tyre, the car was the same before new tyres BUT it did have 1 Hankook and 1 Goodyear on the front to start with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom