does my merc have bluetooth or not?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spirit44

Car
c class c220 cdi saloon 2008
Hi

I got a c class sport saloon today, late 2007.

It does not have sat nav but has phone buttons on steering wheel and dash.

I have tried to pair my phone to car with no luck

There is a small socket in the glove box, I think its AUX but I have no idea what this means

I just want to make and receive calls, my phone has a built in FM transmitter so I can listen to music no prob

I have tried to search forum but I just need an idiots explanation from someone please, i'm struggling to understand what is missing from the car and what I need to do to pair it

Thanks

If the socket is a flat squarish female connector you may have UHI in which case a cradle is required. A photo may help

Update

There is a small round silver socket in the glove box

I just managed to open up the armrest and there is a phone cradle in there, looks like something a phone 10 years old would fit into it!

I can upload photos of both tomorrow if that helps

Does this help clarify anything?

If there's a cradle there it looks like you've got UHI fitted in which case you can swap it for a Bluetooth cradle. I use an MB2 Viseoo for my iPhone. I think command online have them on special offer at the moment

The socket in the glovebox is very likely the AUX input on your radio. It should take a 3.5mm jack plug, to enable you to plug your MP3 player into the audio system.

The socket in the glovebox is very likely the AUX input on your radio. It should take a 3.5mm jack plug, to enable you to plug your MP3 player into the audio system.

If I connected my phone with music on it, will I be able to Change and select tracks using the steering controls?

The OPs car must be a W204 - don't they have bluetooth as standard? I thought all the cradle did was charge the phone?

Well the cradle does more than just charge it but yes completely missed it could be a W204. If it is you can pair the phone direct to the headunit, see your audio user manual or if you dont have it Mercedes-Benz Bluetooth Connectivity

Last edited:
If I connected my phone with music on it, will I be able to Change and select tracks using the steering controls?

No, it just replaces the headphones with your car.

If you had COMAND you could buy a kit which does what you describe for Ipods and, I believe, some phones, but you don't :D

You dont need Comand for the ipod kit in a W204 or W203. Ipod kit obviously only works with the iphone though.

Last edited:
Well the cradle does more than just charge it but yes completely missed it could be a W204. If it is you can pair the phone direct to the headunit, see your audio user manual or if you dont have it Mercedes-Benz Bluetooth Connectivity

Thank you all so much, it worked!

Sent all my contacts over and its happy making and receiving calls

Does this mean I have a w204?

The 'W' (saloons) and 'R' (2 seaters) designations are the model identifiers, and can be found from the VIN. They typically start WDB203xxx, so that would be a W203. The next three numbers indicate variations, notably the engine.

does my c220 cdi se have bluetooth phone capability @

hi
i have just bought a c220 cdi se 2003 coupe and the steering wheel has the telephone controls on it !
i cannot find a cradle in the armrest (where they all appear to be)
so is it pre wired for it ?
is there any other way of connecting my mobile other than using a cradle and if so what ?
any help would be great guys
cheers, andy.
:thumb:

i have a 03 c270 cdi can any one tell me which wire looms needed to get my a galaxy s3 connected to the car it dose have the command and the buttons on the stearing wheel

Last edited:
I believe your car requires a separate Convenience Telephony option, which is normally fitted inside the central armrest. See for example:

http://www.mercedes-benz-accessorie...cessories/models/c-class_coupe/telephony.html

If this option was not factory-fitted to your car, then it can be retrofitted, but the expense is probably not worth it (from memory around £600).

You will be better of opting for an aftermarket solution from www.comandonline.co.uk

(The presence of the telephone buttons on the steering wheel is not an indication in itself that the Bluetooth option is fitted to the car)

If your car does have the Convenience Telephony option fitted inside the armrest, then you will find that there is a bracket for the handset but it will only physically fit some older Nokia phones etc.

In this case you will need to purchase a universal Bluetooth Adapter from MB which will replace the dedicated phone bracket at the top of the armrest and will provide Bluetooth connectivity around tbe cabin.

But again this upgrade will only work if you already have the Convenience Telephony option installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom