Does the chance of a relatively un-rusty W210 exist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

isobars

Car
300SD'79, E300TD '95, 300TDT '82, 280CE '84, 250L '84, 300SEL LPG '91, 300D '80, 300CE '91, 300E '89
Hi All,

Sorry to bring-up an old chestnut so far from Autumn, but…..

I’ve a chum interested in a buying a decent older car. I’m singing the praises of the W124, but I’ve a feeling going more modern is an option. A lot of 210’s seem to be making less than there predecessors with good reason.

Was there a year which had the good paint and metal, or were they all susceptible to more than a natural amount of corrosion?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Cheers,

Paul

They all rust, but once treated properly are similar to any other older car.

What model is he after, might a 300TD suit? Mine MIGHT be available in a months time. 205k miles and rising as it's still in use. Pretty rust free and none at all underneath.

A 124 250 or 300 or a 210 300 - (all diesel) saloon would suit, so maybe. If you have a link to some images or spec', please PM and I'll pass it on. He's back in UK in about three weeks.
Thanks

A 124 250 or 300 or a 210 300 - (all diesel) saloon would suit, so maybe. If you have a link to some images or spec', please PM and I'll pass it on. He's back in UK in about three weeks.
Thanks

It's pretty standard fare, W210 Avantagrde, silver, black leather, very minimal surface rust and a few chips.

It either will be for sale or not as it may be going sideways to someone.

I'll let you know.

That's very kind of you.

we have an e240 estate 130k leather, sat nav and phone and 7 seats and rust free save for 2 small marks which could be available

His first choice is a Diesel Saloon because most of his miles will be in Europe, rather than on the mainland.
I'll mention it to him, though.
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom