Does the "gunshot" popping on the new 4L V8 get annoying?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Psilonaught

Car
W212 E63
Been lusting over videos of the C63s vert in race with the exhaust popping constantly. Wish my 5.5 V8 BT did that :(

Having said that, it must get annoying after a while? Anyone got any experience?

Hated it on the Audi TTS I test drove....

Been lusting over videos of the C63s vert in race with the exhaust popping constantly. Wish my 5.5 V8 BT did that :(

Having said that, it must get annoying after a while? Anyone got any experience?

Annoying ? absolutely not.
That's why my car stays in sport+, the more pops the better.

If constant 'gunshots' aren't for you then there is always comfort mode.

Yes, very.

We live near a petrol station which is frequented by a chap who has one and thrashes it down the A58 like a t!t when he leaves!

Last edited:
I have the popping/cracking on my E55 but the car has a pretty quiet exhaust so it’s not very pronounced. Not got tired of it yet.

To be fair it sounded more like a wet fart at each gear change ....

The 5 cylinder TTRS is a totally different beast and sounds great in Sport mode, a totally different sound to the TTS which I agree with you on what it sounds like. Unfortunately the ride quality on a TTRS was a deal breaker for me. I’m happy with the growel from my Non turbo C63 :)

I was behind a **** in a rs3 yesterday and the exhaust sounded rubbish, really parpy if that makes sense

For me the beauty of this car is that in Miss Daisy mode (relatively speaking) it is very well behaved, far less annoying on startup than an M4 when cold.

Some owners will drive around in Sport+ all the time but that seems a tedious experience to me during the daily commute. I like the exhaust popping but also like the fact I can turn it off.

If you search Youtube for autovlog c63 you'll find a video where I think the popping is just silly but each to their own.

More like embarrassing...

I like it, but being an owner of an F-Type R, I am used to hearing a comical soundtrack. If it gets too much you can always turn it off.

I had this in one of my maps prior to the upgraded turbos. I have to say I liked it, not as loud or as many pops and bangs as the C63, plus was only when you lifted off the throttle.

The autovlog c63 with new downpipes video is pretty awesome i have to say. I think that's decided, a c63s vert is my next car. The wife and kids can have something electric!

My CLS55, post de-cat also now pops as per clip / comments above, not quite as extreme, but amusing all the same

had it on both my GTS and C63s. Its a sound you'll never tire of.

My CLS55, post de-cat also now pops as per clip / comments above, not quite as extreme, but amusing all the same

Silly question, but if you decat, can you still get through an MOT?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom