Does the warning light on the dash about the bulbs just relate to the headlights?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

quarryman

Car
W202 C180
I have the orange warning light on the dash that indicates that one of my bulbs is gone. However they all seem to be working

Does this light just relate to the headlights?

no, it could be any of the lights including the number plate lights.

It could even illuminate if you have the wrong bulb fitted somewhere.

If the W202 is the same as the W203 C Class, it covers all bulbs. Did you check number plate lights? Often forgotten.

It could also be triggered by a bulb about to fail, as it works by measuring resistance.
Do you have standard bulbs? If you've fitted LED replacements that will cause the problem.

Thanks for the replies.

I didn't actually check the number plates, good suggestion.

Also, it seems to be intermittent. I'll check all the bulbs and report back.

Also, all the bulb are standard.

Be aware that you have 4 tail lights, 2 each side, one of which is a double filament, the extra filament is for the rear fog lights, one each side, depending on what year your car is?

Also don’t forget the brake lights.

Dec

Be aware that you have 4 tail lights, 2 each side, one of which is a double filament, the extra filament is for the rear fog lights, one each side, depending on what year your car is?

Also don’t forget the brake lights.

Dec

1997 c200 W202

I think you have the same set up as mine then as described above, best to remove the lighting unit when testing, one of the tail light on each side should be a double filament bulb =rear fog/tail light.

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom